Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
What messages break through in today's 24/7 and cluttered communication environment? Which ones are better remembered? What are effective principles of persuasive communication in an online setting? Successful communication depends not only on what is said, but also how it is said.
In this three-day programme, you get answers to such questions and learn practical skills around A/B testing, neuromarketing and message design that you can immediately put into use in practice. The course features the latest insights from the science of persuasion from the fields of psychology, marketing and linguistics, with contributions from world-leading faculty members and experts such as Bart Schutz, Kevin Murray and professor Gui Liberali.
The programme consists of lectures, interactive group sessions, and practical sessions where you will be trained in applying persuasion techniques yourself.
- Theoretical foundations of persuasion
- A framework for messaging techniques
- Workshop on persuasive body language
- Persuasive principles in digital settings
- In-class exercise
- Experimental online methods such as A/B testing and website morphing
- Practical insights from psychology
- Case study
- Neuromarketing in practice
- Persuasive leaders
- Inspirational communication
- Language of leaders
By participating, you will:
- gain an in-depth understanding of persuasion theory from the fields of psychology, digital marketing and linguistics, based on research
- become familiar with persuasive language and body language
- acquire practical skills regarding key persuasion techniques such as framing, priming and rhetoric, in terms of when and how best to use them in a range of different settings ranging from CEO speeches to online marketing platforms
- learn how to design messages using neuromarketing and A/B testing techniques, and roll them out as part of a multi-channel strategy
- learn how persuasive techniques are used by leaders, and how smart leaders have developed their communications skills
Who should attend
This three-day course is for professionals with an interest or background in:
- Corporate communication, both internal and external
It is recommended to have a minimum of 3,5 years of work experience.