Personal Wellness in Your Leadership Role
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Your actions speak louder than words when influencing the health habits of those around you. This course is designed for you personally so that you can enjoy eating healthy, being physically active, and having a sense of emotional wellbeing. A registered dietitian, exercise physiologist, and psychologist provide you with proven strategies garnered over many years of professional practice. You will see how the science of nutrition pairs with the art of eating. You will gain practical tools to improve your diet and inspire those around you. Getting and keeping physically active will be easier after you examine barriers, challenge personal attitudes about exercise, and explore the benefits of active living. You will learn how to foster emotional wellness through self-awareness, assertiveness, empathy, flexibility, and positive attitude.
- Food as nourishment: changing our relationship with food
- Balancing meals, snacking strategically, being selective with carbohydrates, fortifying with protein foods, flavoring with healthy fats, getting protection from plant foods, getting fulfillment from food
- Examining personal barriers and attitudes to exercise and personal exercise behaviours
- Bringing active living into your life and taking it to the workplace
- Understanding the keys to peak performance and the components of emotional intelligence
- Recognizing, understanding and managing one’s feelings, emotions, and moods
- Practicing techniques to stay motivated