Who should attend
The Personal Leadership & Success (Online) program is designed for executives at all levels, who are searching for practical techniques to gain greater success in their professional and personal lives through an enhanced understanding and mastery over their inner environment.
About the course
We typically approach leadership as an outward-focused discipline. As a leader, you need to know how to inspire others, direct others, change others, influence others, and turn others around at times of adversity. But what if you turn that lens inward? Do you know how to inspire your self, direct your self, change your self, influence your self, and turn your own self around at times of adversity? Isn’t it critical to master this inner game of leadership before you can master the outer game?
What You Will Learn
- The impact your inner environment has on your success
- Your current level of mastery over different aspects of your inner environment and how it compares with top performers
- A deeper understanding of your core values and how to align your day-to-day behavior and priorities with these values
- Scientifically validated principles, tools, and techniques for how to approach your highest potential in life and leadership by developing your self along the five pillars
- Personal reflections, group discussions, and applications of personal leadership techniques
This Columbia-IPL Executive Program allows you, over a 12-week timeframe, to build a broader personal leadership competency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Time Required: 3 hours per week
- Self-paced, high-quality video lectures
- Online reflections and discussion
- Opportunity to interact with a global community of executive participants
- IPL’s proprietary myPL mobile learning platform for convenient on-the-go access
- Certificate of Completion (Executive Program) from the Institute for Personal Leadership & Columbia Business School Executive Education.
- Access to the IPL toolbox – tools, templates, and frameworks
Personal Leadership & Success is based on IPL’s scientific learning system, integrating breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, sociology, medicine and psychotherapy, a rigorous study of great leaders and organizations, and a practical toolkit to drive tangible improvement in your personal leadership skills.
Hitendra Wadhwa is Professor of Practice at Columbia Business School and founder of the Institute for Personal Leadership (IPL). He teaches Columbia's most popular MBA leadership class on Personal Leadership & Success. He also teaches MBA and Executive Education programs on Driving Strategi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.