Who should attend
This programme will benefit:
- Business owners with a personal brand linked to their companies
- Top management with a personal image related to their company position
- Professionals who want to build their strengths and construct their image inside and outside their business environment
- Employees with high potential for managerial and leadership roles
About the course
“Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room”, Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon. It is, therefore, important that what is said about you is the true reflection of who you are and how you would like to be perceived. Personal branding is the strategic positioning of Brand You. With personal branding, you can proactively and positively influence what people say about you, even when you are not in the room.
When you are the face of your business, building your personal brand is important to differentiate you from competitors. With a personal brand, you can build trust with your audience and position yourself as an expert and thought leader within and beyond your sphere of influence. Today, developing your personal brand is essential for your personal and career advancement. The process of developing a personal brand extends well beyond social media. A personal brand is an asset to be protected and positioned for the long-term.
This course will provide tools and techniques to define your core talents and to determine your unique and authentic selling proposition. We will teach branding and communication strategies, both online and offline, and we will support participants to develop their own Personal Brand Plan. During the course, participants will practice with cases, learn how to use digital tools and create strategic online content.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
- Strategically leverage your own strengths and unique assets to attract your audience
- Define your Mission, Personal Goals & Objectives
- Become more visible in the Marketplace
- Communicate effectively
- Identify your target audience
- Build your brand online
- Develop/improve your networking skills and make the most of your contacts
- Use Social Media as a Strategic Communication tool for personal branding
- Create strategic digital content for visibility
- Develop concrete Personal Action Plan for implementation
- Be the CEO of Brand You
- Who are you? Identifying your Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Self-knowledge and emotional intelligence
- Where do you want to go? Defining your Goals and Personal Objectives
- Presentation, presence and communication Skills
- Identify your Target Audience
- Construct your own Brand
- Public Relations Strategy
- Digital and Social Media Communication Strategy
- Content creation to become an Influencer
- Developing Concrete Action Plan
- Be proud of Yourself – The Authentic You
Dr. Tayo Otubanjo is a senior lecturer at Lagos Business School. He facilitates full-time and executive MBA modules in marketing management. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick (UK) and a Visiting Scholar at Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State ...
She started her career at Citibank Nigeria and spent approximately 14 years in the nation’s financial sector during which she garnered experience in strategy, product development, sales and marketing,customer serviceand customer relationship management, cultural change management, amongst others....
Ogbo Awoke Ogbo is a Certified Executive Coach and Rapid Scaling® Master Facilitator. He is also guest faculty at the Lagos Business School (LBS) - Marketing, Design Thinking, and the Advanced Management Program. He also leads the Strategy, Design Thinking and Innovation curriculum for the China ...
Vanessa Burgal is a Marketing faculty at Lagos Business School. She has more than 20 years of experience in Europe, Africa and South-America as a Marketing Consultant, coach and university teacher working for Heineken International, Coca-Cola, United Biscuits, Agrolimen and Alimentaria Exhibition...
Dr Tunde Ekpe lectures on the MBA, and Executive Education programmes at Lagos Business School. She is an accredited Executive coach, psychometric profiler and also the Director of Optimentus Ltd based in Oxford, United Kingdom. Her research and teaching interests include Psychometric Profiling,...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.