Persistence and Analytics Fundamentals
Storing and retrieving data is part and parcel of any applications. There are, however, a bewildering number of persistence mechanism with different properties and storage models.
The objective of this course is to demystify these persistence options and help make you make informed choices when selecting a persistence mechanism for your application.
In this course, we will learn how to select relational, document and key-value database, as well as discover their persistence properties.
- Learn about SQL and NoSQL database and how it relates to the CAP theorem
- Select relational, document and key-value database for your storage requirements
- Define data models and relationship to which the models represent your data
- Apply data normalisation to your data model, specifically, relational data model
- Learn about queries and updates with respect to online transaction processing (OLTP) database and NoSQL databases
What Will Be Covered
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Data Modelling
- Key Relational Concepts
- Append-only Datastore
- Storing Blob Data
- Signed URLs
Who should attend
Application developers who need to select and use persistence for their applications
- Must have working knowledge of at least one server side web frameworks, like Express, Flask, Java EE, etc
- Participants will be required to take an online assessment upon course enrolment