This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Storing and retrieving data is part and parcel of any applications. There are, however, a bewildering number of persistence mechanism with different properties and storage models.
The objective of this course is to demystify these persistence options and help make you make informed choices when selecting a persistence mechanism for your application.
In this course, we will learn how to select relational, document and key-value database, as well as discover their persistence properties.
- Learn about SQL and NoSQL database and how it relates to the CAP theorem
- Select relational, document and key-value database for your storage requirements
- Define data models and relationship to which the models represent your data
- Apply data normalisation to your data model, specifically, relational data model
- Learn about queries and updates with respect to online transaction processing (OLTP) database and NoSQL databases
What Will Be Covered
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Data Modelling
- Key Relational Concepts
- Append-only Datastore
- Storing Blob Data
- Signed URLs
Who should attend
Application developers who need to select and use persistence for their applications
- Must have working knowledge of at least one server side web frameworks, like Express, Flask, Java EE, etc
- Participants will be required to take an online assessment upon course enrolment
Trust the experts
Lee Chuk Munn
Chuk is with the Advanced Technology Applications Practice for National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS). His current responsibilities includes developing courseware, and teaching graduate and public courses in enterprise software engineering, software architecture,...
Vincent is the CTO of Voyager Innovations Singapore, a company that builds digital innovations to transform growth markets. Some of these innovations include the award-winning TackThis (an omnichannel store-builder and marketplace-builder), and PayMaya (a popular Philippines digital payment provi...
Founded an EduTech company. Preparing young ones with coding in all aspect not only software but integration with robotics, devices and anything that have a micro controller chip waiting for us to command them to perform any task. My time it was computer age, newer generation into mobile and futu...