Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for operators, laboratory technicians and microbiologists to help them learn the value of timely feedback from the laboratory and microbiology lab for better operations and control of the plant. Attendees are invited to bring plant and lab details with them to help understand the criticality of feedback and solve problems.
About the course
This course focuses on analytical techniques for wastewater analyses. It will review analytical techniques, their significance and how they can be used to help manage and troubleshoot the wastewater treatment plant operations.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply and perform analysis correctly on wastewater samples for follow-up of the wastewater treatment plants
- Use and implement analysis in the laboratory to help understand and control wastewater treatment plant operations
- Test and discuss practical considerations
- Implement laboratory and field techniques for analysis and control including GC/MS and other analysis
- What type of plant do you have?
- What are the significant parameters?
- Physical Parameters including Temperature, pH, color
- Solids Measurement, and Particle sizing
- COD and BOD
- Nitrogen Compounds
- Phosphorous Compounds
- Field measurement & rapid techniques
- Understanding your wastewater treatment plant and its parts
- Sampling Protocols for various chemicals and materials
- Making sure that your sample is representative
- Detailed considerations for analyses
- Preparing and storing the sample
- Labeling the sample for feedback
- Managing the paperwork blizzard of a modern laboratory
- The value of duplicate and replicate analyses
- Analysis of Metals, sensitivity, conditioning and sample preparation
- AA Techniques and Sensitivity
- Colormetric Techniques
- ICP Techniques
- Field Techniques and their reliability and accuracy
- Organic Analyses
- Sample Cleanup and Prep
- Equipment and its accuracy
- Analysis by GC
- Analysis by GC/MS
- Analysis by colormetric techniques
- Ranges for Recovery
- Duplicates & Spikes
- Monitoring instrumentation
- Laboratory Management
- Laboratory Auditing
- Laboratory Safety & Training
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Nuclear Materials
- Waste Chemicals and Lab Supplies and Wastes Disposals
- Post Test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.