Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
Limited to just 25 participants, this program is designed for those driven to be best-in-class in sales leadership, and specifically for sales executives and managers with several years of leadership experience who are, or will be, responsible for strategic direction. This program is recommended for vice-presidents; directors of sales; divisional managers; national, international, regional and area sales managers; high-potential leaders with mature sales experience; and presidents of small and medium business. An entry interview will confirm that the module suits your experience and goals and will provide a fertile, collaborative learning environment of colleagues.
About the course
Influential Communication for Leaders
- Powerful presentation structures that gain attention and influence actions
- How to get your message heard, understood and remembered
- Recognize and unleash personal communication strengths to further your impact
Learning Outcome: Learn why what your listeners think of your ideas, plans and your entire organization is affected by how they react to you as a leader when you communicate.
Team Coaching & Mentoring Techniques to Drive Higher Performance
- Ongoing coaching & feedback to improve sales levels
- Key elements of an effective coaching & mentoring process
- Adapting your coaching style to the needs of individuals
- Using questions to illuminate insight and inspire action
- Inspiring self-directed mastery for breakthrough performance
Learning Outcome: Participants will apply world-class coaching approaches with their current team. Includes a powerful peer-to-peer coaching exercise.
Sourcing and Attracting Top Talent for Your Teams
- Develop key elements of an effective employment value proposition to hire top performers
- Leveraging social media to get better hiring results
- Use data analytics to drive workforce strategies
- Apply critical thinking to the process of recruitment
Learning Outcome: Learn modern techniques in social media and brand for attracting the best talent to your organization. Participate in key exercises to improve critical components of the recruitment process and strategies for driving better candidate quality. Learn how to leverage insights and analytics to develop a more strategic approach to recruitment.
Performance Management That Works Better
- Fostering mutual intent, respect and purpose
- Establishing a performance expectation system
- Engaging in difficult conversations
- Dealing with ‘quit and stay’ marginal performers
- Succession planning approaches for ‘high potentials’
Learning Outcome: You are responsible for Sales and People. We are all clear on how to manage “Sales Cycles” but how many of us are clear on how to manage our “People Cycles.” Come away from this day with a clear understanding of the 10 Steps in the People Management Cycle, where your gaps are and a plan to address them.
Biography Cy Charney is one of the Schulich School of Business, York University’s top instructors. As a leading Canadian thought leader in the area of organizational performance, Cy has developed a variety of unique interventions to help organizations in both the private and public sector become ...
Mark is a leader in both European and North American training, with a solid track record of lecturing regularly at the UK's top universities including Oxford and Cambridge, and academies, including the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). A highly distinguished and internationally awarded perfor...
Stephen Friedman is an executive coach, career coach, facilitator and trainer, working in the areas of management interpersonal skills, group development, strategic thinking skills and HR for numerous organizations and individuals. His experience with in this area spans over 20 years. He speciali...
Lee-Anne McAlear is Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Applied Innovation Management for the Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University. Lee-Anne is an experienced facilitator, writer, consultant and speaker with a background in innovation, leadership development, strategic plann...
Amar is a principal at Sales for Life, a firm focused on pushing boundaries of social selling in the B2B sales landscape. Amar focuses on helping bridge the gap between social business goals and execution.
Biography As Vice-President, HR Operations, Dave has responsibility for the overall HR Operations support for Xerox Canada. These responsibilities include Executive Talent Development, Industrial Labour Relations, Change Management Initiatives and Mergers and Acquisitions. The last 18 years of HR...
Martin is a plan-and-execute sales professional experienced in managing customers with complex requirements. He is highly proficient at C-level conversations and has top-notch business acumen in all functional areas from sales to operations. His A+ communication skills allow him to give dynamic a...
As one of Canada’s leading internet marketing speakers, Scott Wilson appears regularly at events and conferences as an expert on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Most recently, Scott has spoken and written about the future of Google search trends and keyword ranking for government associations, ...
Paul is an accomplished and well-respected management executive with a record of success delivering results in the Canadian telecom market in both B2B and retail sectors. He has expertise in sales, distribution and general management and is a proven problem solver with innovative negotiating skil...
Since 1989, Steve Gregory has led IsaiX Technologies Inc., a firm specializing in sales organizational development and technology. Their methods and technology supporting sales and sales management, have had significant impact in organizations such as ATB, Merck, Michelin, GDI, KeyBank, TD Amerit...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.