Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- A mid to senior leader from any background who is responsible for driving the people strategy or culture change in your organisation
- Someone who is responsible for a large operational workforce or will be working in an area which is likely to be, or is being, impacted by technology, generational changes, transformation or the like
About the course
In this time of significant change and disruption this intensive, practically-focused programme allows business leaders and human resource professionals to develop, refocus and align their organisation’s people strategy with their organisational strategy.
The Strategic People Programme: Preparing Business Leaders for the C-Suite programme is designed to allow New Zealand based leaders, who may come from human resources or business unit leadership, to develop and update their thinking and people practices in the context of their organisation’s corporate strategy.
In this time of disruption, it is more important than ever that organisations are proactive and strategic in working with their people to create productive workplaces.
This programme explores how to do that. Taught be a mix of University of Auckland academics and business leaders, we will discuss cutting edge research, best current practices and learning from mistakes.
Programme take aways:
- Insights and decisions about how the organisation needs to respond to the people challenges it faces over the next 3 -5 years;
- Knowledge and understanding of how the world is changing, what trends we are seeing and how work will change in the future;
- Knowledge of how companies and leading practitioners are solving the people challenges they are facing, and what they are learning from their work;
- A network of peers, practitioners, mentors and other senior leaders who can whom you can contact when you need assistance to think and develop solutions;
This programme is designed for busy working professionals. It is a 8-day programme set across four modules, held over 4 months. The majority of the programme will be held on-site at the University of Auckland Business School campus.
The expected time commitment outside of the module components involves work on a strategic project, mentoring sessions, peer coaching, reflection on learning and pre and post module readings.
Module 1 Enterprise Strategy and Leadership
Module 2 Leading Change in Complex Times
Module 3 Driving Value Through Collaboration & Innovation
Module 4 Roadmap for the Future
- Participants engage in peer coaching in between modules.
- Learnings from each module feed into each participant’s own people strategy document.
- Mentoring sessions with senior business leaders.
- Personal reflection and application on the job
Participants will also be expected to work on a strategic project through the programme and present their results in some form to an Executive Panel at the end of the programme. This will be an opportunity for experts to provide advice and help to participants as they prepare to present to internal leaders and executives. The project should be decided in collaboration with your manager or executive and add considerable value to the organisation.
Dr Daniel Vidal is a general management consultant with strong hands-on systems and business strategy development experience gained in top international companies. He has an extensive consulting and advisory background with specific strengths in IT-driven transformation, strategy, business perfor...
Brigid is an Associate Professor in the Department of Management and International Business. She teaches broadly in the area of organizational theory and practice at undergraduate and postgraduate level and has done extensive development work with corporate, community, professional, and youth org...
Elizabeth George has an active research interest in non-standard work arrangements and diversity in the workplace. She has a PhD in Organisation Science from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a member of six international editorial boards and is an associate editor of the Academy of Manag...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.