Who should attend
Leaders and managers looking to improve: Leaders and managers looking to improve:
- The effectiveness of their teams and organisations
- Their own capabilities in talent, performance management, development and change management
- The HR professional, L&D, CHRO supporting the organisation’s overall strategic direction across recruiting, compensation, talent and performance management, succession planning, training, diversity, development and more.
About the course
In a working environment characterised by rapid change and uncertainty and an imperative for higher performance, leaders and managers know they have to get the best from their employees and from themselves to develop an effective workplace.
This programme looks at how leaders and managers can increase the effectiveness of their team and their organisation through enhancing the attraction, motivation, development and retention of their employees.
We look at the approaches, mechanisms and practices that increase performance and commitment and build alignment with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
The programme draws on latest research and case studies showcasing innovative approaches to increasing organisational and team effectiveness:
- How can organisations align people to the strategic imperatives and build a sense of commitment?
- The latest advances in motivation research and performance management. How can leaders and managers take their employees to a new level in terms of behaviours and output?
- The varieties of diversity, including age, gender, cultural and generational differences. How can we harness these differences to add to organisational effectiveness?
In the concluding part of the programme, there will be an effectiveness clinic and finish with highly practical takeaways for your own organisation.
- Aligning people and strategy
- Talent attraction, nurturing and retention
- Individual development and performance management
- Organisational development and change management.
You’ll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
In this fast-paced and practical three-day programme you will:
- Acquire and develop new people management capabilities and confidence
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks to align your employees to your core objectives
- Translate frameworks into day-to-day business responsibilities
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop personal action plans to utilise your new skills and achieve desired behaviours within your team
- Receive advice on the issues you are facing through our open forum workshop
- Membership of Cambridge Judge Business School’s Centre for International Human Resource Management.
Philip developed the Global Human Resource Research Alliance, a research group involving 30 companies worldwide - American Express, BAE Systems, BT, EDF, GE, General Mills, IBM, IKEA, Infosys, Matsushita, Oracle, Procter and Gamble, Rolls-Royce, SANYO, Sealed Air, Shell, Siemens, TCL, TNT, and Un...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.