Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Those with a small to moderate working knowledge of statistics
- Those seeking a refresher of the tools and models in practical application
About the course
Utilize data from past success to predict and realize future success.
Growing evidence shows that leveraging human capital improves firm performance (revenue, stock price, customer satisfaction, retention, and safety) and sustains competitive advantage. But, continuing to engage in human capital practices that reflect outdated knowledge and beliefs, leads to dysfunctional outcomes that can be very costly. Enter the age of People Analytics.
People analytics allows you to incorporate a data-driven approach to managing people at work. Leverage data and sophisticated analysis to solve people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job and team design, and compensation. Utilize the data to improve your organization’s ability to achieve strategic goals. Application of People Analytics better informs your decisions on hiring the right person for the right position, building the most effective teams possible, and avoiding costly turnover.
Explore the ins and outs of data analytics to gain perspective and experience with the complexities of “Big Data” in the business and organizational context.
Two-day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Strategically hire, socialize, appraise, reward, and retain the best team members
- Discuss the impact of organizational context on how companies manage human capital
- Investigate the practices and analytical frameworks that will help you leverage your team’s diverse knowledge and abilities
- Uncover the human capital factors that affect your ability to achieve goals, develop and remain innovative
- Expand your critical thinking skills by leveraging data and analytics as they apply to your team’s effectiveness
Professional Awards ING Professor of Excellence2011 Regents'' Outstanding Teaching Award2010 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors2009 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Speaking sideways to speak up”2008 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Employee voice and...
Christopher Patton, Ph.D. is a People Analytics manager at Google and Adjunct Faculty at the University of Texas at Austin. He has been a people analyst in industry for almost six years, one year at PepsiCo and almost five years at Google. During the last several years, he has taught classes in s...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.