People Analytics: Leveraging Data to Improve Talent Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
People Analytics is different from the “human resources” practices prevalent twenty years ago.
Growing evidence shows that leveraging human capital improves firm performance (revenue, stock price, customer satisfaction, retention, and safety) and sustains competitive advantage. But, continuing to engage in human capital practices that reflect outdated knowledge and beliefs, leads to dysfunctional outcomes that can be very costly. Enter the age of People Analytics.
People analytics is vastly different from the “human resources” practices prevalent twenty years ago. People analytics allows you to incorporates a data-driven approach to managing people at work. Leverage data and sophisticated analysis to solve people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job and team design, and compensation. Utilize the date to improve your organization’s ability to achieve strategic goals, rather than simply serving as administrative support functions. And remember, application of People Analytics is not just for HR professionals; as a leader, you need to be well versed in strategies that bring in and retain the best talent.
Explore the ins and outs of data analytics to gain perspective and experience with the complexities of “Big Data” in the business and organizational context.
Two-day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Improve your talent management processes, including how you strategically hire, socialize, appraise, reward, and retain talent
- Discuss the impact of organizational context on how companies manage human capital
- Investigate the practices and analytical frameworks that will help you leverage human capital
- Uncover the human capital factors that affect your success as a developing business leader
- Expand your critical thinking skills by leveraging data and analytics as they apply to human capital strategies in practice
Who should attend
- Those with a small to moderate working knowledge of statistics
- Those seeking a refresher of the tools and models in practical application