People Analytics for Strategic Human Resource Management
Technological innovations and the emergence of the data economy are transforming the traditional human resources function in many organizations into a hub of analytics and data-driven decision-making. Although human resources has a long history of being data-driven, novel data streams and analytical techniques offer new ways for senior leaders to make evidence-based decisions about their workforce--ranging from issues of personnel selection and retention to challenges of workforce engagement and cross-unit collaboration. The purpose of this course is to expose leaders to the emerging field of "People Analytics" and identify clear paths for using novel streams of data and analytical techniques to enhance workforce productivity.
The course adopts a strategic perspective, using organizational values and strategy to drive the implementation of People Analytics. Consequently, the course begins by identifying how People Analytics can support the execution of strategy across a number of common areas (e.g., staffing, engagement, health). We then learn a framework for diagnosing the maturity of an organization's People Analytics capabilities. Finally, we learn how to address common challenges in implementing or advancing an organization's People Analytics capabilities (e.g., ethical issues, politics of new metrics).
- Rationale and foundations of strategic people analytics program
- Different stages of maturity of a people analytics program within an organization
- Implementing and advancing a people analytics program
- Be able to articulate the connection between people analytics and your company’s strategy
- Assess the maturity of your company’s people analytics capabilities and identify paths for future development
- Understand how to navigate common challenges involved in implementing a people analytics program