Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Carlson School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Imagine your firm as a longstanding issue that has persisted, despite the issue's designation as a high priority initiative. Now imagine that you receive a call from your business partner because she's heard that you understand data can be used to solve business problems. You respond that you'd be glad to help and can develop a data-driven analysis and recommendation to address the issue.
You already have that ability. Through data analytics, an enhanced picture of human capital is available to leaders. Leveraging people analytics can help your organization increase your firm's ability to meet business goals and drive engagement throughout your company.
Admittedly, leveraging people analytics is not always a straightforward and simple process. Data can be messy, and may be located in multiple systems across separate teams. Sometimes, even the initial project to locate, clean, and integrate data can be extensive. However, the payoff of harnessing the data's power can be substantial--by increasing the organization's ability to inform and solve business problems.
This course will guide you through the people analytics landscape--from basics on terminology in the analytics space to guidance on how to set up or expand your team, to how to act on the insights. You will hear about approaches used by organizations through the adoption curve, including use cases on turnover, employee engagement, employee selection, and diversity and inclusion. Whether you are just starting out on the people analytics journey or if you are well underway, you'll leave the course with a practical plan of how to take the next steps to tackle HR-relevant business challenges.
- Understand the need for people analytics to generate actionable insights
- Increase your ability to strategically partner across the organization
- Acquire key talking points for why investment in people analytics is critical for business
- Learn a framework for aligning people analytics with business needs and strategy
- Gain a working knowledge of descriptive and predictive analytics
- Practice defining a problem and mapping the solution (the path from data to analysis to action)
- Consider ethical questions inherent in using people data
- Get exposure to leading technologies around employee experience and talent management
- Leave the course with an analytics and communication plan to tackle an HR-relevant business challenge
Who should attend
Leaders responsible for hiring and managing talent, including HR professionals and their business partners; general managers, directors, VPs, and others looking to enhance organizational strategy through better talent utilization.