Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Policy officers, analysts, practitioners who are developing or implementing public policy, particularly in the area of citizen engagement and/or behaviour change.
- Individuals who wish to deepen their understanding and skills in strategic communications to deliver effective policy outcomes
- Current or aspiring individuals who wish to enter consultancy work in the areas of Public Affairs, Public Relations and Government Relations.
About the course
The world has seen a turn of events that have allowed governments realise that public engagement is becoming ever more important and essential in the policy space.
This programme aims to provide you with relevant and practical skills to address issues found within citizen engagement and public communications. The programme has a focus on exploring communication and engagement strategies that are designed to address policy campaigns, crisis management, and policy communications to the public.
This is one of three short courses within the Professional Certificate in Public Policy and Administration (PCPPA). Non R&G applicants have to attend all three PCPPA short courses to be given the Professional Certificate.
- This programme will include pre-recorded lectures and live discussion sessions.
- Pre-recorded lectures will be released one week before the live session and you may watch it at your own flexibility.
- Understand the context of the public/society and the citizen, and its relation to the public sector.
- Understand issues that arise with regards to citizen engagement.
- Learn and apply important practical in public communications, across various contexts such as crisis management, campaigns etc. in specific contexts.
Francesco Mancini is Associate Dean (Career Services and Student Life) and Visiting Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, as well as an Adjunct Associate Professor at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SI...
Kenneth Paul TAN is an Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore’s (NUS) Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, where he has taught since 2007 and served as its fourth Vice Dean for Academic Affairs from 2013 to 2017. From 2000 to 2007, he taught at NUS’s University Scholars Prog...
James Crabtree is an Associate Professor in Practice at the LKY school, as well as a senior fellow at the Centre on Asia and Globalisation (CAG). He initially joined the school as a Senior Visiting Research Fellow in 2016, on sabbatical from his previous job at the Financial Times. Between 2011 a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.