Payroll and Tax Administration
Few business functions have as adverse an impact on employee job satisfaction and overall business expense as the incorrect management of payroll and tax.
The effective and efficient management of the payroll and tax function is therefore crucial to running a successful organisation that not only values its employees, but also complies with relevant legislation.
With this payroll course you’ll cover the fundamental principles of payroll and tax administration, and leave the online short course empowered with the most up-to-date processes and legislation involved in the payroll and tax function.
What will set you apart
You’ll walk away from the payroll and tax administration course with the confidence to:
- Apply your comprehensive understanding of payroll systems and tax processes, including tax law
- Accurately calculate, allocate and deduct payroll, and understand the calculations in employee leave systems
- Perform the vital bookkeeping function of payroll tax administration
- Use your knowledge of payroll tax to positively influence employee job satisfaction and overall business expense
This UCT-backed online short course in payroll and tax administration is designed to give you the flexibility to work when it suits you. You’ll receive continued support and guidance from an expert tutor and your Success Manager as you progress through the weekly modules in your own time.
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: Basic tax concepts for individuals
- Course Module 2: Advanced tax concepts for individuals
- Course Module 3: Basic tax concepts for businesses
- Course Module 4: Advanced tax concepts for businesses
- Course Module 5: Payroll principles and administration
- Course Module 6: Payroll administration