Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for experienced professionals, with 5 or more years' work experience. Participants are typically finance professionals, and general managers looking to equip themselves to lead the financial and business strategy of their organisation
We welcome enquiries from potential applicants and would be happy to discuss the programme with you in more detail and review your CV.
About the course
Gain the financial strategy skills and insights for future success
Develop your financial management skills to take your career to the next level.
Designed for experienced finance practitioners and managers, the programme provides its graduates with highly-developed financial acumen, strategy techniques and business knowledge.
This lively, interactive diploma provides the academic rigour of a specialised Oxford masters-level qualification in a format that is designed to suit busy executives. The programme consists of four modules, each lasting four days, over one year.
On completion of the four modules and related assessments, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to take high-level strategic decisions and drive the financial performance of your organisation.
- Complete a masters-level qualification alongside your current role
- Build your professional networks with fellow finance professionals and senior executives from across the world
- Gain exposure to the top ranks of business and financial practice
- Boost your confidence and credibility at a senior level
To your organisation
- Develop leaders with enhanced financial strategy decision-making and an international mindset
- Tap into game-changing research
- Assessments structure designed to add practical value throughout
- Retain and develop top achievers and high potential employees
- Goals and strategies
- Competitive advantage
- Industry analysis
- Strategy and change
- Global strategy
- Discounting and bond pricing
- Capital budgeting
- Capital asset pricing model
- Capital structure and taxes
- Initial public offerings
- Fundamentals of valuation
- DCF and project analysis
- LBO valuation
- Value creation
- Relative valuation
Financial Strategies for Growth
- Options for growth and developing a growth strategy
- Strategic mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence and financial analysis
- Deal structures and negotiation
- Realising, measuring, and reporting value creation
- International growth
Modules one, two and three are assessed via exams, which take place on the opening morning of the following module.
Module four is assessed by an extended assignment related to your organisation or industry.
Participants are expected to complete the allocated pre-reading prior to each module.
Previous participants have estimated that the study commitment of the programme is approximately 5–8 hours per week for the duration of the diploma.
Ken is interested in the impact of financial distress on bank and borrower reputation and in the impact of corruption and reputation on countries and firms. He is an expert on the Japanese economy and financial system. He is interested in the impact of financial distress on bank and borrower rep...
Ilaria Piatti obtained a PhD in Economics in May 2014 from the University of Lugano. During her PhD she also visited the Economics Department at Duke University and the Financial Market Group at LSE, thanks to a fellowship of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Her main research interests are...
Research My research covers empirical and theoretical topics in industrial organization, corporate finance, behavioral finance, asset pricing, and financial economics. Please visit my personal webpage or my SSRN author page for more information. https://sites.google.com/site/martincschmalz/...
Tim's areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, strategy formulation and execution, entrepreneurship, organisational culture change, and leading sustainable organisations. Tim possesses academic experience combined with extensive international professional experience as a management c...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.