Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Finance professionals and senior executives making strategic corporate or private equity investment decisions. This includes CFOs, directors of finance or strategy, bankers, corporate finance consultants, investment and fund managers making direct investments.
Participants should be familiar with common valuation techniques including DCFs and NPV typically gained through study for an MBA or professional qualifications.
About the course
Enhance your strategic corporate M&A and private equity investment decisions
Valuation plays a vital role in corporate and investment decision making.
We have joined forces with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business to equip you with advanced valuation knowledge in a condensed timeframe on this comprehensive programme.
Partner-level industry guest speakers explore and demonstrate the finance and capital structures that affect valuation. Following an accelerated recap of theory, you will compare valuation in corporate M&A and private equity using real deals.
You will study real-life cases presented by investment banks and PE firms applying models to transactions in:
- Corporate M&A and restructuring
- Growth capital
- Real Estate
- Distress and special situations
You will gain deeper insight and experience, and practical valuation models that strengthen your investment decision making.
- Understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions
- Acquire financial valuation modelling techniques to apply immediately
- Discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with global leaders in finance
- Advance your finance knowledge to apply theory to real world transactions
To your business
- Enhanced strategic decision-making for acquisitions, restructuring and private equity investments
- Better informed discussions with banks and advisers
- Access to a global community of finance leaders
Day one – accelerated Recap of Theory and M&A Case
- Review of 3 Nobel prize winning theories from Markowitz, Miller, Sharpe
- Understanding the Operational Model and Free Cash Flow
- Extended worked example demonstrating the complexities of applying the theory in practice
- Case: International Corporate Acquisition in the pharma sector
Day two – corporate M&A
- Worked examples illustrating issues of corporate acquisition and defence, a cross border merger, and corporate restructure and capital raising
- Building a financial model for a merger
- Case: Private Equity exit by IPO
Day three – private equity and LBOs
- How capital structure affects valuation
- LBO Investment Valuation to drive equity value and returns
- LBO Valuation Modelling exercise
- Case: LBO Investment in the Retail Sector
Day four – growth capital and distressed investing
- Using Growth Capital finance to generate returns
- Managing the risks by antidilution protection, liquidation preferences and legal structuring
- Case: Growth Capital Investment in the Luxury Brand Sector
- Distressed Investments and Restructuring
- How to identify, value and restructure distressed businesses
- Case: Distressed Investment in the insurance sector
Day five – real estate and infrastructure
- Real Estate Investment Valuation
- Capital structure and debt considerations
- Case: Pan European real estate investment fund
- Infrastructure Investments
- Comparing existing and greenfield developments
- Case: Infrastructure Investment Case in the Utilities Sector
Douglas Skinner is a leading expert in corporate disclosure practices, corporate financial reporting, and corporate finance, with a focus on payout policy. His research addresses (1) the causes and capital market effects of managers'' corporate disclosure choices (especially forward-looking infor...
Tim Jenkinson is Professor of Finance at the Said Business School . One of the leading authorities on private equity, IPOs, and institutional asset management, Tim is renowned for his ability to collect critical, previously inaccessible, data by building strong links with institutional investors,...
Andreas T. Angelopoulos has more than 25 years of experience in private equity, asset management, investment banking and engineering. Andreas, currently, is the Chief Investment Officer, Private Equity, Gestron Asset Management investing in private equity and private credit primaries funds, secon...
Chris is a senior Partner at the law firm of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where he has been instrumental in developing the firm's industry-leading global investment funds practice over two decades. Chris leads private equity fund formation matters for large and middle-market buyout, growth equity,...
Denis Coleman is a managing director in the Investment Banking Division of Goldman Sachs International. Based in London, Denis is Co-Head of the Global Financing Group in this Investment Banking Division (IBD). He is also Co-Chair of the Firmwide Capital Committee and a member of the IBD Risk ...
James Hartop is a Partner at Centreview Partners, a financial advisory and private equity boutique. Prior to his current role, James spent 20 years working for UBS in various roles across M&A, equity and debt capital markets. These roles included Head of Coverage and Advisory and Head of UBS...
Dimitrios is a director in the Healthcare team at Rothschild and Co. in London. Dimitrios has worked at Rothschild since 2008. During that time, he has focused on the pharmaceutical and medtech sector, working on a number of private sector sell-side and buy-side mandates as well as corporate re...
Luis is the Chief Financial Officer at Sonae Sierra, a multinational retail real estate company, having previously served as the Head of M&A of the Sonae Group, a multinational conglomerate. Previously Luis was Director at Bridgepoint Capital, a leading mid-market private equity fund and, be...
Jeff Henriksen is a portfolio manager and founding Partner of Thorpe Abbotts Capital, LLC, a value-oriented hedge fund with offices in the US and the UK. In his role at Saïd Business School, Jeff teaches financial modelling and valuation. Jeff has implemented a value-oriented approach to invest...
Roopesh is Senior Managing Director (Restructuring and Debt Advisory) at Evercore, a premier global independent investment banking advisory firm. Previously, Roopesh was MD, Global Head of Debt Advisory and Restructuring at Goldman Sachs and, before that, a Director at Miller Buckfire and Co., a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.