Oxford Chicago Valuation Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Said Business School.Full disclaimer.
Enhance your strategic corporate M&A and private equity investment decisions
Valuation plays a vital role in corporate and investment decision making.
We have joined forces with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business to equip you with advanced valuation knowledge in a condensed timeframe on this comprehensive programme.
Partner-level industry guest speakers explore and demonstrate the finance and capital structures that affect valuation. Following an accelerated recap of theory, you will compare valuation in corporate M&A and private equity using real deals.
You will study real-life cases presented by investment banks and PE firms applying models to transactions in:
- Corporate M&A and restructuring
- Growth capital
- Real Estate
- Distress and special situations
You will gain deeper insight and experience, and practical valuation models that strengthen your investment decision making.
- Understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions
- Acquire financial valuation modelling techniques to apply immediately
- Discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with global leaders in finance
- Advance your finance knowledge to apply theory to real world transactions
To your business
- Enhanced strategic decision-making for acquisitions, restructuring and private equity investments
- Better informed discussions with banks and advisers
- Access to a global community of finance leaders
Day one – accelerated Recap of Theory and M&A Case
- Review of 3 Nobel prize winning theories from Markowitz, Miller, Sharpe
- Understanding the Operational Model and Free Cash Flow
- Extended worked example demonstrating the complexities of applying the theory in practice
- Case: International Corporate Acquisition in the pharma sector
Day two – corporate M&A
- Worked examples illustrating issues of corporate acquisition and defence, a cross border merger, and corporate restructure and capital raising
- Building a financial model for a merger
- Case: Private Equity exit by IPO
Day three – private equity and LBOs
- How capital structure affects valuation
- LBO Investment Valuation to drive equity value and returns
- LBO Valuation Modelling exercise
- Case: LBO Investment in the Retail Sector
Day four – growth capital and distressed investing
- Using Growth Capital finance to generate returns
- Managing the risks by antidilution protection, liquidation preferences and legal structuring
- Case: Growth Capital Investment in the Luxury Brand Sector
- Distressed Investments and Restructuring
- How to identify, value and restructure distressed businesses
- Case: Distressed Investment in the insurance sector
Day five – real estate and infrastructure
- Real Estate Investment Valuation
- Capital structure and debt considerations
- Case: Pan European real estate investment fund
- Infrastructure Investments
- Comparing existing and greenfield developments
- Case: Infrastructure Investment Case in the Utilities Sector
Who should attend
Finance professionals and senior executives making strategic corporate or private equity investment decisions. This includes CFOs, directors of finance or strategy, bankers, corporate finance consultants, investment and fund managers making direct investments.
Participants should be familiar with common valuation techniques including DCFs and NPV typically gained through study for an MBA or professional qualifications.