Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Booth School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Saïd Business School and Chicago Booth have joined forces to offer a unique advanced program on valuation for strategic corporate and investment decisions—the first of its kind in the world.
Developed to give a wide range of professionals a deeper understanding of the thinking, methodology and techniques behind financing and valuations, this is a one week program which will allow participants to understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions, acquire financial and valuation modelling techniques to apply immediately at work, and discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with the global leaders in finance.
By attending this program, you will:
- Understand how to apply valuation to make better strategic decisions.
- Acquire financial and valuation modeling techniques to apply immediately at work.
- Discuss real transactions with leading executives and interact with the global leaders in finance.
- Acquire valuable practical Excel valuation templates that can be adapted for solid models.
Theory by faculty
- Introduction to corporate & investment valuation
- Main valuation methods
- Debt and equity finance structures affecting valuation
- Investment valuations: LBO, growth capital, distress investment and infrastructure
- Investment valuation
Cases by executives
- Corporate valuation
- PE (LBO) investment valuation
- Corporate investment valuation
- Distress investment valuation
- Infrastructure investment valuation
Discussions by alumni
- Two Oxford Chicago panel discussions and dinners with special guests
Who should attend
- CFOs and heads of strategy for a company making decisions about raising capital, acquisitions, disposals, or restructuring.
- Those who run a family business and would like to negotiate valuation with an investor or a bank.
- Executives who represent a company raising capital from an investor or the capital markets.
- Bankers negotiating with a fund manager for the company value and sale.
- Consultants advising company CEOs on the sale of all or part of a company.
- Those working for an authority disposing of assets that need to be valued.
- Executives working for a pension fund investing directly in companies or assets.
- Lawyers or accountants who would like to have a deeper understanding of critical valuation issues.
Trust the experts
Douglas Skinner is a leading expert in corporate disclosure practices, corporate financial reporting, and corporate finance, with a focus on payout policy. His research addresses (1) the causes and capital market effects of managers'' corporate disclosure choices (especially forward-looking infor...
Tim Jenkinson is Professor of Finance at the Said Business School. One of the leading authorities on private equity, IPOs, and institutional asset management, Jenkinson is renowned for his ability to collect critical, previously inaccessible data by building strong links with institutional invest...
Angelopoulos has more than 20 years of experience in private equity, entrepreneurship, and engineering, advising various funds, entrepreneurs, or corporates in their investment plans in South East Europe. He worked with Englefield Capital, leading their origination in South Europe, and for Dresd...
The Oxford Chicago Valuation Programme