Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program brings together participants from different industries who would like to get a thorough understanding of how, why, and when it makes sense to make an organization more agile. You…
- are interested in new forms of collaboration and in shaping organizational structures.
- would like to understand the potential of agility and get an overview of new ways of working in different work areas.
About the course
Leading Organizations in the Digital Age
Online course and 3 days in class training
The goal of the program is to reflect on current organizational forms, find a suitable structure for your own unit and implement agile tools based on your leadership style.
Step 1 - Online Course Agile Leadership
Agility is not only a concept for organizations, but also a mindset for every individual. It is about fast adaptation to changing circumstances and focusing on people and their needs. It is about creating space for innovation and creativity. Knowledge about agile organizations also opens new opportunities for you:
- You have the skills to co-create a work place that suits you best.
- You can make a difference in your team and achieve your goals.
- You can have more fun at work.
After completing this 1-month course, you will have covered the following topics: Why agility? The agile mindset. Designing for agile organizations. Implementing agility.
Step 2 – Organizational design (3 days in-class module)
This module is designed to deepen your knowledge. What you can expect:
- You discover the implications of the modern business environment and gain an understanding of the principles of agile organization design, its potentials and restrictions
- You learn about different levels of digitization and how to use business strategies and models
- You understand the evolvement of classic business administration by digital economics, the internet business and how to make digital business strategies executable
- You get an overview of agile working methods and tools like business model canvas, SCRUM board, lean start-up and design thinking.
After these 3 days, you will have tools to redesign your organization and know how business management needs to adopt to a digital reality.
ONLINE COURSE „AGILE LEADERSHIP“
- Overview on the topic “Agile Organizations”
- Current influencing factors on companies and it’s consequences
- How “agile” ist linked to adjacent disciplines such as change management, leadership and organizational design
- Excercises to establish an agile mindset
DAY 1 : Theoretical fundamentals: Agile Structures in Organizations
- Principles of agile structures
- Analyze different approaches of structural agility
- Learn how to align agile structural elements with existing organizational structures
DAY 2 Phenomena of Digital Economics
- Digital economy and business administration
- Become familiar with different implementation methods and learn how to apply them
- Three levels of digitalization
- Eleven most successful digital business modells
DAY 3 Agile Methods and Tools
- Get an overview of popular agile frameworks and related tools
- Learn how to apply agile tools Design Thinking, Google Sprint, Lean Startup, Scrum
After completing the course, you will receive a certificate including course details from the WU Executive Academy.
Professor Dr. Patricia Klarner is Director of the Institute for Organization Design at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Vienna). Prior to her current position, she worked on the faculties of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, and the University of Munich (L...
My mission is to strengthen the digital business literacy of individuals, companies and institutions. In this role, I am working as co-founder of Talent Garden Austria, as co-initiator of DigitalCity.Wien, as company-startup connector in www.innovation2company.wien and as digital academic at univ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about General Management Programs
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.