Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Delegates attending this programme will achieve the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting
The CMI Level 7 Qualifications in Professional Consulting (RQF) have been developed by Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in cooperation with the Institute of Consulting (IC). These qualifications are designed for Professional Consultants who want to develop their strategic skills with consulting such as organisational structure and culture, entry and diagnosis, communicating strategies for consulting and group dynamics and facilitating skills.
This qualification will ideally suit professional consultants, managers with an internal consultancy focus, HR Business Partners, and senior leaders who wish to develop their Organisational Development skillset and personal influence in the business.
Module 1 takes place over 3 consecutive days. You will then have a few months off to complete the assessment and Module 2 will then take place over 2 consecutive days.
Module 1 Dates
10th February - 12th February 2020 @ University of Salford
Module 2 Dates
2nd December - 3rd December 2019 @ University of Salford 8th April - 9th April 2020 @ University of Salford
This programme has been specially developed for practicing or aspiring Organisational Development consultants. Our learners may be external consultants, working with a variety of organisations, or employees who will be consulting within their own company. On successful completion, delegates will be awarded with the Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting from the Chartered Management Institute (17 M Level Credits).
Delivered by practicing professionals, this level 7 programme has been developed for consultants who will be advising individuals or teams at the senior, strategic level.
Module 1: Understanding Organisations and The Consultancy Role (3 days) Module 2: Tools and Techniques for Effective Consulting (2 days)
Overview of Content
Module 1 Learning outcomes:
- Understand the strategic function of Organisational Development
- Explore a range of models and paradigms to identify and establish the nature of organisations
- Discover the key components of business architecture though exploration of current thought leadership
- Use coaching skills to collaboratively assess and build solutions with the client
- Develop a range of consultancy approaches and strategies
- Grow personal effectiveness and reflective practice as a consultant
- Evaluate organisational behaviour; what is valued and rewarded and the impact of these decisions
- Identify and explore the background, nature, purpose of OD consulting
- Explore the different types and roles of consulting and define own consultancy practice
- Understanding the consultancy process
- Explore the skills, behaviour and knowledge of the effective OD consultant
- The impact of communication will be considered and the learners will identify the role of the consultant in supporting the strategic flow of information throughout the organisation
- The nature of organisational evolution, structure and hierarchy will be explored
- Explore and apply a range of OD models and theories to support consultancy practice
- The role and application of coaching in consultancy will be explored and applied and the skill of developing powerful questions developed
- The concept of the reflective practitioner will be explored and various models for effective reflective practice and personal / professional growth will be discussed and applied
- Learners will explore consultancy approaches / strategies based upon their discussions / analysis
- We will continue to build the OD consulting tool-kit considering key components of business architecture, and current thought leadership will be taught.
- We will explore the complexities of operating and consulting within open systems
- We will conclude Module 1 with definition and exploration of organisation culture and how this impacts the OD practitioner / consults role
Module 2 Learning Outcomes:
- Develop a consultancy strategy that can be effectively deployed within the organisation
- Undertake problem analysis utilising a range of creative and scientific methods
- Facilitate debate and negotiation between leadership teams and key stakeholders in the organisation
- Evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of a range of psychometric and profiling tools
- Communicate findings with influence considering communication preferences of the target audience.
We will explore the function and role of organisational design and the consultant’s role in enabling good design processes We will introduce and apply tools to explore the organisational purpose and build the foundations of organisational design Learners will then explore operating in systems and will consider a range of systems tools to support effective design consulting Supporting concepts including building agile organisations will be considered We will explore research relating to the impact of leadership on organisations and what this means for consultancy interventions We will then explore change theory and the psychological and neurological factors that impact change processes along-side considerations of the interconnectivity between consultancy, OD and change
- Group dynamics and the impact on consultancy interventions will be discussed
- The role of facilitation and the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to deliver effective facilitated interventions in the consultancy process will be explored and learnt skills applied to a live scenario
- We will introduce the concept of wicked problems and learners will apply a strategic problem-solving tool to effectively define organisational challenges
- We will conclude the programme with the learners applying a structured methodology to map the problem identification process into a comprehensive consultancy intervention framework
Delegates will complete 2 written reports focussing upon:
- Organisational structure and culture
- Tools and techniques for effective consulting
- This process will require learners to undergo a real-world consultancy project, and apply the principles, practice and theories taught throughout this programme. They will provide evidence of their practice in a learning portfolio which will be assessed by one of the programme tutors. Ongoing tutorial support will be available throughout.
- Upon successful completion of the 2 assignments, delegates will be awarded with the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting.
- Understand how to effectively manage personal professional development of others
- Be able to act with professionalism and integrity as a consultant
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality in professional practice
- Be able to show your unique selling points as a consultant
- Understand the impact of organisational culture on an organisation
- Understand the impact on a consultant’s work within a client organisation
- Know how to establish and maintain working relationships with the client
- Be able to manage communications during entry and diagnosis
- Improve the performance of your organisation or clients organisation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.