Organisational Development Masterclass
HR functions sometimes struggle to articulate what organisational development (OD) is, let alone the value that it can provide to organisations. But those organisations need OD more than ever, not just for long term capability development but also for tangible, measureable organisational performance improvement in short timescales.
In this masterclass, you will learn how to define and position the contribution of OD in your organisation and understand the skills requirements and their implications for you and your HR function. You will gain practical, relevant tools and tips from OD practitioners who have first-hand experience designing and implementing OD solutions.
Benefits to the individual:
This masterclass is designed to:
- Look at what business needs from OD in the current climate
- Suggest ways of positioning the importance and contribution of OD to your business in a simple, commercial yet innovative way
- Help you understand what is needed to deliver OD well, at individual and functional levels, to support functional and individual development plans
- Give you an eyes wide open view of the challenges
- Provide tangible, practical tools and real-life case studies and examples to bring these challenges to life.
Benefits to the organisation:
- Develops a broader, more integrated perspective on the organisational capability necessary to put the wheels on the business strategy
- Helps those involved in OD work balance long and short term benefits and deliver change in shorter timescales
- Business has tools to measure, diagnose and track productivity improvements
- Supporting the development of a more aligned skillset in its OD practitioners, to better deliver against its objectives going forwards
What is organisational development? The journey from Fluff to Stuff?
- How did we get to where we are?
- What is OD? Is it an HR discipline? What is its scope?
- Ways of looking at and talking about OD which are appropriate to your business.
Key skills you will need to serve your organisation best as an OD practitioner
- Assessing the Big 4 essential personal attributes Change Tinkerer, Systems Thinker, Business Translator and Self-Balancer
- What other skills are needed?
- Levels of work model how capable is your HR function and the individuals within it to deliver OD?
OD and business partnering
- The role of the OD practitioner (including vs. other HR roles)
- Reviewing typical key OD accountabilities
- Building credibility
- Challenges personal and organisational. Is your organisation ready for an OD partner?
Systems and models to help you
- Coming at things from a systems thinking perspective
- The concept of an organisational strategy and organisational development plans
- Tools and approaches to help you work with your business
Who should attend
HR directors, HR business partners, OD partners and other leaders and professionals charged with setting up or delivering OD capability through their function or role.