Who should attend
This masterclass is designed for HR directors, HR business partners, OD partners and other leaders and professionals charged with setting up or delivering organisational development capability through their function or role.
About the course
Understand what is needed to align your organisation's capabilities with its business strategy and deliver systematic change with the Organisational Development masterclass.
- Understand what organisational development is (and isn't)
- Communicate and drive the benefits of organisational development within your organisation
- Examine how it is approached in other organisations and how to use it effectively in your own organisation
- Gain tools, tactics and tips to help you link strategy and execution
Organisational development (OD) aligns an organisation's people, systems and structure with its strategy to enable better business performance. It is a process of continuous and proactive organisational change that can result in reduced staff turnover, increased productivity and sustained competitive advantage.
However, many organisations are not using an integrated OD approach. Those working with OD often struggle to articulate exactly what it is and the value it offers.
The Organisational Development masterclass helps you develop an integrated approach to OD and show its value to your organisation. It provides a strong theoretical and practical basis for practitioners.
Position and communicate the contribution of OD to your organisation in a simple and commercially-driven, yet innovative, way
Understand what is needed to deliver OD successfully at individual and functional levels
Gain a realistic view of the challenges involved
Take away tools to help you apply what you have learned within your organisation
Participants develop a broader, integrated perspective on the organisational capability needed to deliver the business strategy
Help those involved in OD to balance and communicate long and short-term benefits, and deliver change in shorter timescales
Ensure the organisation has the tools to diagnose, measure and track productivity improvements
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
The Organisational Development masterclass is available in two formats:
- In-person: delivered over one day at our Greenlands campus near Henley-on-Thames
- Live-online: delivered as two half-day facilitated interactive sessions, enabling real-time engagement and discussion
You will look at topics including:
- What is organisational development and what value does it have for your organisation?
- Perspectives on organisational development and change (schools of thought)
- What makes an effective organisational development change practitioner?
- Organisational model(s)
- The organisational development process
- Organisational development and change tools and frameworks
Paul has over 25 years of international experience in leading consultancies. His client experience spans all market sectors, including clients such as Network Rail, DHL, Bank of England, HM Treasury, BAE Systems, Swiss Re and Siemens. Paul is a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.