Who should attend
Organisation Development: an overview is ideal for senior managers, senior HR practitioners, OD specialists, internal change agents and consultants.
About the course
Explore the role of the OD practitioner as well as the fundamentals of OD and its relevance to HR.
This two-day course will enable you to travel at high speed, from core OD theories, through to OD interventions; as well as focusing on the role of the OD practitioner.
You’ll gain key knowledge of the history of organisational development (OD), and the tools used to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness. The group discussions, interactive action planning, and case studies, will help you develop the advisory skills necessary in using diagnostic models to assess the health of your organisation; obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage change; and assess your own personal development needs within the context of an OD role.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of the history and visions of OD and the role of the OD practitioner
- apply tools to diagnose an organisation’s effectiveness
- advise on the role of diagnostic models in assessing the health of the organisation
- obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage organisational changes, understand the link between data and type of intervention
- assess your own instrumentality and personal development needs within the context of the OD role
Exploring the roots and practices of OD
- What is OD?
- What value does it add?
- Where does it come from?
- What is its relationship with HR?
- What does it look like in practice?
Working with big system organisational models and frameworks
- Understanding organisational models
- Review of planned and systemic organisational frameworks
- Using models to diagnose organisational health
The Self as instrument
- What kind of OD practitioner are you?
- Using yourself as a diagnostic instrument
- Making the most of you
The Work of OD
- OD as a consultancy process
- Getting below the surface to what really matters
- OD interventions
Live OD consultancy
Developing an OD and action plan.
Sadie is an accomplished HR professional, specialising in organisation design and development, HR and management consultancy and training. Sadie has experience of working with a range of public and private sector clients, from Universities, Councils and NHS, to Marks & Spencer, RBS and Santan...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.