Who should attend
This course is designed for HR practitioners, business managers, or internal or external HR organisational development consultants, involved in planning or supporting structural changes in an organisation. No prior organisation design experience or training is required for this programme.
About the course
This practical Organisation Design course training will help you deal with the challenge of reorganising, restructuring, or changing other aspects of your organisation. It is built on five case studies of GCC companies which contextualises the specific organisation design challenges faced by national and expat HR & OD practitioners.
It gives you straightforward frameworks and practical tools to design an effective organisational structure and how it fits within the context of broader organisational development work.
Key learning objectives
By completing the course, you will gain practical strategies and solutions to:
- Define what organisation design is and differentiate between organisation development
- Use organisation design terminology and translate design models into practical concepts
- Appreciate how and when to use system and change models in organisation design
- Apply the 6 step organisation design thinking process
- Relate relevant GCC case studies to what works in practice
- and much more
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS 1: Introduction to Organisation Design
- What is Organisation Design and how is it linked to Organisation Development?
- Structures, Diagrams, Designs
- What, How and Why?
Common System Models used for Organisation Design
System Models overview
- Organisation Structures
Design Thinking: Chosen Change Models
- Change Models
- The Organisation Design Consultant
- Design Thinking
- Application of Layers, Levels & Hierarchies
- The impact of processes and interdependencies on organisation performance
- Analysis of RACI and application for restructuring
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS 2: Organisation Design in the GCC
Organisation design trends and traits in the GCC
Participants will apply the 6 Step Design Thinking Model in a GCC context.
- Step 1: Triggers
- Step 2: Define and Diagnose
- Step 3: Ideate
- Step 4: Prototype
- Step 5: Test
- Step 6: Go Live!
OD in Practice ME Case Studies
- A UAE Government Case Study
- Abdullatif Alissa Group Case Study
- Zamil Group Case Study
- Majid Al Futtaim Group
- The role of Family Councils
LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS 3: Organisation Design in Practice
- Group work: participants will apply learning from a large regional organisation’s 10 year design journey.
- Workplace Application: Use own organisation design challenges and apply part of the 6 step process to their
- Continuous personal development as an organisation design practitioner
I am a Digital Nomad, Human Capital & Organizational Transformation author, keynote speaker and executive with a particular focus on Organization Design, Design Thinking, Employee Experience, Digital Transformation and Disruptive HR. I blend 20 years expertise providing a human-centered, desi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.