About the course
This live, virtual seminar offers insights and tips to help you become an Excel power user and boost your productivity. Each day’s agenda features individual modules (each less than an hour) as well as breaks. The instructor brings extensive accounting experience and a programming background to the subject, allowing him to guide accounting and finance professionals as they apply advanced Excel techniques to accounting and finance problems. In addition to covering Excel functions, the course addresses how to organize spreadsheets to optimize teamwork, scenario analysis, and ease of updating. You will learn how to reduce errors by simplifying your spreadsheets and making them concise, compact, and understandable.
- Build accounting and finance schedules efficiently via transpose and shift
- Automate and condense schedules using SUMPRODUCT and ARRAY functions
- Build scenarios via LOOKUP, OFFSET, and INDIRECT
- Give your spreadsheets a consistent look and feel that can be changed easily, and separate inputs from outputs via Excel Styles and Add-ins
- Build easy-to-update spreadsheets by avoiding complex functions, nested ifs, and iterations, and integrating monthly, quarterly, and annual data
- Make your spreadsheets responsive to user input via Custom Formatting, Data Validation, Spinners, List Boxes, Sliders, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET, and INDIRECT
- Perform what-if analysis via DATA TABLES and PIVOT TABLES
- Stress-test future cash flows via SOLVER and GOAL SEEK
This course does not cover Excel VBA or Excel charting features (except to build charts whose scales adjust automatically as the input data changes).
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.