Operations Management (Online)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Stellenbosch Business School.Full disclaimer.
We offer a two-part payment plan. Pay 50% deposit Operations managers are responsible for streamlining an organisation’s strategic goals to improve efficiency in achieving profitable outcomes. This short course aims to instill a critical understanding of value creation from an operations viewpoint to clarify and simplify your business objectives.
Become familiar with the dynamics of supply chain management, the importance of inventory management, and grapple with fundamental project management protocols in order to administer operational oversight. Learn processes that will ensure that risks and inefficiencies are kept to a minimum.
Expert faculty and attentive course coordination will ensure that your progress is informed, focused, and enjoyable.
What will I learn?
- Gain an understanding of the pillars of a business and how these relate to operations management and the achievement of an organisation’s strategic goals
- How to evaluate processes for managing operations and interactions between external and internal stakeholders
- Apply quantitative approaches for decision making in operations specific scenarios
- Identify and apply project management methodologies for the execution of operational plans
- Week 1 - Orientation to the course
- Week 2 - Orientation to Operations Management
- Week 3 - Supply Chain Management - Part 1
- Week 4 - Supply Chain Management - Part 2
- Week 5 - Demand Forecasting
- Week 6 - Inventory Management
- Week 7 - Capacity Planning
- Week 8 - Facilities and Process Design
- Week 9 - Project Management
- Week 10 - Quality Management
- Week 11 - Complete the final assignment
Who should attend
Junior or mid-level managers with responsibilities in operations management will discover expert insights that will set them up for career advancement. This course also aims to consolidate existing knowledge of operations management with proven practices. For those who require a more thorough understanding of the scope and function of an operations manager, this short course will prove essential.