About the course
Drive better decisions and build a positive risk culture within the Financial Services industry.
As we navigate today's challenging business environment, it has never been more critical to respond to new risks and threats and identify opportunities in your organisation and your industry. Risk management must be a value-creator for your organisation, driving positive customer outcomes and sustainable business operations.
What you will learn
Over two weeks of virtual workshops and action learning, you will develop a deep understanding of emerging challenges and technologies, the risks, threats and opportunities ahead and how to build a positive risk culture in your organisation.
You will complete a series of virtual workshops and self-paced activities, designed to build your knowledge, skills and tools to:
- Position risk management as a strategic business enabler
- Identify emerging risks, threats and opportunities
- Apply a customer-centred design approach to risk and compliance
- Understand and leverage the role of risk management in customer service
- Review and apply learnings from the Royal Commission
- Use systems thinking to drive decisions
- Develop your communication approaches and toolkit
- Understand the impact of emerging technologies
How you will learn
Led by a financial services risk expert, you will take part in live virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning and coaching to help you step up to the challenges of today's dynamic business environment.
Virtual workshop sessions bring a real time, social learning environment to you, where you can share challenges and experiences, learn from your peers and your expert facilitator, and build a professional network.
In between the workshop sessions, you will take part in a range of supported learning experiences and with the group to develop and embed learning.
To maintain the interactivity and ensure participants can achieve their outcomes, each course is limited to 25 participants.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.