About the course
Build the skills, tools and mindsets to step into a risk role Operational risk management is a core skill for anyone working in financial services. Whether you are looking to build on your existing role or step up to a new role with a focus on risk, this course will help you understand best practice risk management.
Over two weeks of live virtual workshops and action learning, you will build a risk management toolkit that helps you drive results. You will develop the confidence, skills and tools to:
- Understand the role of compliance and regulators
- Distinguish between different types of risk
- Understand the link between strategic objectives and compliance
- Understand the importance of risk culture in an organisation
- Evaluate and categorise risks
- Use the lens of likelihood to analyse risk
- Work with risk management frameworks
- Understand how risk and the risk culture can impact your customer
- Implement operational controls to minimise risk
- Respond to emerging trends and challenges with future-focused strategies
Led by a financial services industry expert, you will take part in live virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning and coaching to upskill you as a risk professional, ready to take on the challenges of today’s dynamic environment.
Over two weeks, you will take part in approximately 14 hours of online learning and live workshops.
You will utilise The AGSM Navigator, a custom-built platform designed to work with your existing social and communication tools like Zoom.
In between the workshop sessions, you will take part in a range of supported learning experiences independently and with the group to develop and embed learning.
To maintain the interactivity and ensure participants can achieve their outcomes, each workshop is limited to 25 participants.
Virtual workshop sessions bring a real-time, social learning environment to you, where you can share challenges and experiences, learn from your peers and your expert facilitator, and build a community of practice.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.