Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This OXFORD Operational Excellence online training course is appropriate for everyone in the organisation but may be of special interest to anyone charged with driving the improvement of operating performance.
This online training course will benefit all levels of personnel in private as well as public sector organisations:
- Team Leaders
- Technical Staff
- Operations Personnel
About the course
This OXFORD Operational Excellence online training course will equip the participants with the knowledge, skills, and behavioural competencies required to support an Operational Excellence programme and contribute significantly to the bottom line of your organisation, reducing variation, defects, cycle times, lead times, waste and costs within your operations.
Operational Excellence (OPEX) goes beyond continuous improvement, cost minimisation and productivity maximisation. OPEX supports the drive for sustainable profitability and growth within your organisation by adopting a holistic approach to improvement. The essence of Operational Excellence is an organisational culture that achieves long-term sustainable growth and performance development by enhancing employee empowerment and motivation. The core of OPEX is applying the right tools to the right processes in the right culture. It is a crucial element of organisational leadership focusing on the continual development of organisational culture and operational processes.
This Operational Excellence online training course is designed for leaders and practitioners wishing to transform their organisations through strategy and culture, and through the application of operational excellence approaches, methodologies, processes, and tools.
This online training course will highlight:
- The benefits of Operational Excellence
- Success factors that drive sustainable performance
- Problem-solving tools and techniques
- A variety of practical process improvement tools and methods
- Cultural Leadership
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Prioritise and link improvement activities to achieve the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Review processes suggest improvements and monitor the progress of the changes
- Analyse the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to align changes to customer requirements
- Engage stakeholders to collectively remove waste and optimise the whole ‘Value Stream’
- Select the appropriate methods and tools within the improvement framework
- Influence organisational culture and employee behaviour to support Operational Excellence
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Organisations will benefit from the participants adopting holistic thinking, avoiding the sub-optimisation that can result from fragmented improvement activity.
The benefits are the following:
- An organisational culture of striving for operational excellence to create value and to sustain business growth
- Aligning improvements to strategic imperatives
- Engaging all stakeholders in the improvement efforts
- Reducing defects and waste across the whole value stream
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of resources
- Increasing customer satisfaction capturing the ‘voice of the customer’
- Promoting organisational learning and engagement
This online training course on Operational Excellence will personally benefit the participants by being able to apply the thinking and techniques to identify, evaluate, and improve issues affecting them in the workplace.
- Developing their professional skills and critical thinking
- Solving problems using structured, analytical methods
- Making data-driven business decisions
- Engaging more effectively with colleagues during team-based problem solving
- Employing tools and techniques to reduce costs and drive customer satisfaction and profitability
Operational Excellence in Perspective
- The OPEX Framework
- Strategic Approach
- The 10 Core Principles of OPEX
- DMAIC Improvement Method (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control)
- Voice of the Customer
- Customer-Supplier Partnerships
- Project Pipeline Development and Prioritisation
- Value Stream Mapping
- Process Effectiveness
- Effectiveness (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Zero Targets
Group Dynamics: From Groups to High-Performance Teams
- Organisational Culture Analysis
- Problem Statements
- Group Problem Solving
- Root Cause Analysis
- 5 Why Analysis
- Lean Principles
- 7 Wastes
- Mistake Proofing
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Set-up Reduction / SMED
- Line of Sight
Cultural Leadership: Methodology and Practice
- Cultural Leadership
- Control and Monitoring Plans
- Change Management Framework
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.