Online - Strategic Analysis for Competitive Advantage
Strategic Analysis for Competitive Advantage online is the art and the science of formulating, defining, implementing and evaluating policies and decisions that will assist an organization in achieving its goals and objectives. It is an ongoing process that assesses and evaluates the business and industry in which the organization operates. Rapidly changing environments create opportunities for growth, but also pose challenges that firms must be prepared to overcome.
This program will present the core areas of business strategy and develop skills for making strategic decisions and translating those decisions into real-world implementation. Participants will complete the program with an enhanced understanding of how to make revenue-generating decisions that lead to long term achievement and value creation.
- Explore what "strategy" truly is
- Learn to develop and evaluate competitive strategies
- Apply basic principles to nurture decisions that achieve objectives and foster growth
- Understand the trade-offs involved in making strategic decisions
- Address the challenge of sustainability and how to maximize the long-term value of the organization
- Learn when to replace an old strategy with a new one to meet changing technologies and increasing competition
Online Teaching Method and Experience
Designed for busy professionals, this program blends USC’s heritage of academic excellence with the flexibility of online learning. The course will begin after 9:00 a.m. on the first day and will close at 11:45 p.m. on the last day.
Approximately 12 to 18-hours of participation, this online course fits perfectly into any busy schedule as it can be taken at your own pace over a 3-week period. It includes online video sessions, reading and case studies, interactive exercises and discussions with faculty.
Who should attend
The program is geared to business professionals who are decision makers in their departments or within the whole organization. It is perfect for directors and executives seeking to improve their strategic mindset, improve decision-making skills, lead teams and organizations, and enhance their organization's competitive advantage.