Who should attend
This six-week course is ideal for marketing professionals and business owners who want to learn how to measure the effectiveness of their marketing efforts with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions and earn their Google Analytics Certification. You will benefit from this course if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Marketers who need to refresh or learn new skills
- Marketers who want to boost their career with a new job or promotion
- B2B marketers
- B2C marketers
- Small business owners
You need to be comfortable working with computers, including the ability to use Google Docs and Sheets. You must have a strong Internet connection and have a free Gmail account.
About the course
Modern marketing is entirely data-based. Knowing how to organize, synthesize and analyze large quantities of marketing data is no longer a "good-to-have" skill—it is essential! Learn how to generate reports and make data-backed decisions as well as prepare for Google Analytics Certification. In this online course, you will learn everything you need to know to earn your Google Analytics Certification. Having a Google Analytics Certificate in your pocket (or mentioned on your LinkedIn profile or resume) will make you more attractive to employers, help you advance your career, or move your business forward.
Desirable skills – Employers are looking for marketers who understand how to generate reports and analyze data. Walking into an interview with Google Analytics Certification will demonstrate your ability to understand how potential customers engage with a brand's web properties and make data-backed decisions. These are valuable skills in today's competitive job market. If you're a business owner, you need to understand how people interact with your web properties in order to capture more customers, generate leads, and reduce sales time and cart abandonment rates. Practical, real-world curriculum – Need to provide credible information to your client or your management team to make decisions and influence strategic marketing initiatives? In this class, you will learn how to utilize the Google Analytics platform to set up and generate goals, measure campaign data and build marketing performance reports to make decisions and move your business forward. And, you'll learn it from a marketing professional who incorporates her own experience with established knowledge to provide the learning outcomes you desire.
Class 1: Introduction to Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics works
- How Google Analytics is set up for the best results
- How to set up views and filters to generate the data you need
- Data-based marketing basics
Class 2: Navigating Google Analytics
- Navigating Google Analytics like a pro
- How to share reports with your team
- How to set up dashboards and shortcuts to save time without cutting corners
Class 3: Report Generation
- How to generate the three types of reports you'll need for any report
- How to measure Custom Campaigns
- The secret behind tracking campaigns with URL Builder
- How to use Goals and measure business objectives
Class 4: Campaign Performance Tracking
- Segment data for insight
- Analyze data by channel
- Analyze data by audience
- Analyze data with Custom Reports
Class 5: Build a Marketing Performance Report Designed to Wow Customers or Upper Management
- Creating a measurement plan
- How to provide the answers to common data questions
- What your marketing performance report needs to show for every member of the marketing department
Class 6: Prepping for the Test
- Course review and next steps
- What to know about Google Analytics Certification
Jessica began her career as a traditionally trained journalist, reporting on the news that mattered most, and has brought that same philosophy to the world of content marketing. Her integrated SEO content marketing skills have helped clients achieve higher search engine rankings, improve sales a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.