Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for all engineers, scientists and technologists.
About the course
This course will review the fundamentals behind all types of offshore structures (fixed or floating) and in the case of fixed platforms, will cover applications of these principles. This course will also provide a detailed description of the types of offshore platforms and illustration of the structural designs and discuss an in depth knowledge about the design and loads that can affect the offshore structure platform using the latest methodology for structural analysis as a benchmark. The participants will get a bird’s eye view of the design of the deck, jacket and lifting with installation and construction aspects to be drilled down intensively for a better learning outcome.
This type of course will demonstrate the calculations involved in offshore design while the participants will be challenged to select a proper configuration and layout of the platform based on their knowledge and skills during the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the theory and process of offshore structure platform design
- Illustrate designs in construction, parameters specification as well as for general design consideration
- Discuss the three dimensional analysis, the standard and special steels
- Carryout investigation on offshore site
- Explain wave theories, spectral analysis application, wind and wave forces, computational hydrodynamics, buoyancy and stability and etc.
- Practice marine operations and discuss the engineering geology, offshore piles, loaded piles, pile foundations, single piles, pile groups and etc.
- Distinguish the design of tubular members and tubular joints
- Operate the procedure of welding and fatigue, fracture control and inspection
- Apply and understand the basic concepts of dynamics
- Explain earthquake engineering, soil dynamics and mudslides, structural reliability, load out transportation and installation
- Design and Construction Considerations
- Design Parameters Specifications
- General Design Considerations
- Three Dimensional Analysis and Special Topics
- Standard and Special Steels
- Offshore Site Investigation
- Wave Theories & Spectral Analysis Application
- Wind & Wave Forces and Computational Hydrodynamics
- Buoyancy and Stability
- Marine Operations
- Engineering Geology of Continental Shelf
- Offshore Piles
- Fundamental Concepts and Case Studies for Laterally Loaded Piles
- Design of Pile Foundations for Axial Loading
- CAD of Single Piles and Pile Groups under Lateral Loading
- Reliability of Pile Foundations
- Design of Tubular Members and LRFD
- Design of Tubular Joints
- Welding & Fatigue
- Fracture Control & Inspection
- Dynamics: Basic Concepts and Application
- Earthquake Engineering
- Soil Dynamics & Mudslides
- Structural Reliability
- Load out Transportation & Installation
- Certification of Platforms
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.