Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This program component is designed to prepare you for the complex work of designing and facilitating organization development and change to solve complex business and organizational issues. It is taught in two class sessions, supported by an on-line learning community.
An Overview of Organization Development (OD)
- OD frameworks, theories and methodologies and how they have shaped our workplace
- The role of the OD practitioner in aligning leadership, learning, people systems, organizational structure and processes, and relationships, with its strategic priorities and goals
- The dynamics of learning and change in individuals and organizations
- Understanding of “self as an instrument of change”, including awareness of your values and styles
Understanding the Consulting Role and the Dynamics of Consulting Relationships
- The consulting role in detail, including the similarities and differences between the role of the internal and external consultant
- The consulting process, including entry and contracting, gathering and analyzing data, presenting data to the client group and developing shared diagnoses and interventions
- Building trust and managing expectations with the client
- Understanding various styles of consulting and learning more about your own consulting style
- The dynamics of consulting relationships, including working with power, influence and politics
- Learning how to use models as tools for assessment and intervention
Understanding Systems Change and OD Interventions
- Systems theory and approaches to change
- Working with people to envision the “what” and “how” of change
- Designing interventions for team, intra-department and organizational settings
- Using tools and developing customized approaches
- Using criteria for assessing OD interventions
Who should attend
- Organization Development and Human Resource practitioners
- Internal and external Consultants
- Managers and supervisors
- Team leaders
- Adult educators, trainers, facilitators, coaches and change leaders
Trust the experts
Biography Michelle brings more than 25 years of proven and successful leadership, coaching, training and consulting experience, including work with three of Canada’s Top-50 employers, a Financial Post Top-100 organization and a Greater Toronto 2011 and 2013 Top-50 Employer. Michelle is an organi...
Biography Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Organization Development and Change and Centre of Excellence in Adult Training and Development, Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University Marilyn is also past Chair of the OISE, University of Toronto Department of Adult Education &a...
Ray Gordezky is well known for his work facilitating strategic organizational learning, change, and action that addresses contentious issues and complex circumstances. He is Principal and co-founder of Threshold Associates, where he works with business, community and public service leaders to str...
Doug is recognized for providing top notch experiential learning programs that enhance employee engagement and advance individual, team and organizational performance. His areas of expertise include Organization Development; Leadership Strategy; Talent Management; Executive Coaching and Change Le...