Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become familiar with OSHA general industry safety and health standards along with general industry safety and health principles. You’ll get a special focus on the most hazardous areas. This course is a prerequisite to OTI 0501P - OSHA 501: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
What You Will Learn
- OSHA safety and health standards for general industry
- Hazard standards
- Principles of safety and health for general industry
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what a successful safety and health program entails.
- Choose the appropriate OSHA standards that govern particular hazards.
- Know the most commonly cited OSHA standards.
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA AND THE ACT
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA STANDARDS
- INSPECTIONS, CITATIONS, AND PENALTIES
- HAZARD VIOLATIONS
- CONFINED SPACE
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- WALKING AND WORKING SURFACES
- EGRESS AND FIRE PROTECTION
- MATERIALS HANDLING
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MACHINE GUARDING
- INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
- SAFETY AND HEALTH PROGRAMS
Who should attend
This course is designed for beginning safety and health professionals as well as human resources personnel, supervisors involved with health and safety industry-related topics, and people who serve on a safety committee.
Trust the experts
Kevin Kamperman serves as Director of the GTRI Hazardous Materials Training Program; has held this position for the past twenty-eight years. These duties entail directing OSHA hazmat emergency response training courses (currently four different training programs) to industry, construction, educat...
Mr. Howry is a Principal Research Associate with the Georgia Tech Research Institute, the applied research arm of the Georgia Institute of Technology. As a part of the research faculty at Georgia Tech, Mr. Howry has provided technical assistance to businesses throughout the state of Georgia and a...
Dana Atkinson MBA /M.S. – Building Construction is a Research Associate II with the Georgia Tech Research Institute and an Instructor in GTRI-OTIEC OSHA course training catalogue. I teach the OSHA 511 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, OSHA Cranes for Construction, O...