Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
Become familiar with OSHA general industry safety and health standards along with general industry safety and health principles. You’ll get a special focus on the most hazardous areas. This course is a prerequisite to OTI 0501P - OSHA 501: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
What You Will Learn
- OSHA safety and health standards for general industry
- Hazard standards
- Principles of safety and health for general industry
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what a successful safety and health program entails.
- Choose the appropriate OSHA standards that govern particular hazards.
- Know the most commonly cited OSHA standards.
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA AND THE ACT
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA STANDARDS
- INSPECTIONS, CITATIONS, AND PENALTIES
- HAZARD VIOLATIONS
- CONFINED SPACE
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- WALKING AND WORKING SURFACES
- EGRESS AND FIRE PROTECTION
- MATERIALS HANDLING
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MACHINE GUARDING
- INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
- SAFETY AND HEALTH PROGRAMS
Who should attend
This course is designed for beginning safety and health professionals as well as human resources personnel, supervisors involved with health and safety industry-related topics, and people who serve on a safety committee.