Who should attend
This course is designed for beginning safety and health professionals as well as human resources personnel, supervisors involved with health and safety industry-related topics, and people who serve on a safety committee.
About the course
Become familiar with OSHA general industry safety and health standards along with general industry safety and health principles. You’ll get a special focus on the most hazardous areas. This course is a prerequisite to OTI 0501P - OSHA 501: Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
What You Will Learn
- OSHA safety and health standards for general industry
- Hazard standards
- Principles of safety and health for general industry
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what a successful safety and health program entails.
- Choose the appropriate OSHA standards that govern particular hazards.
- Know the most commonly cited OSHA standards.
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA AND THE ACT
- INTRODUCTION TO OSHA STANDARDS
- INSPECTIONS, CITATIONS, AND PENALTIES
- HAZARD VIOLATIONS
- CONFINED SPACE
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- WALKING AND WORKING SURFACES
- EGRESS AND FIRE PROTECTION
- MATERIALS HANDLING
- HAZARD COMMUNICATION
- PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- MACHINE GUARDING
- INTRODUCTION TO INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE
- SAFETY AND HEALTH PROGRAMS
Kevin Kamperman serves as Director of the GTRI Hazardous Materials Training Program; has held this position for the past twenty-eight years. These duties entail directing OSHA hazmat emergency response training courses (currently four different training programs) to industry, construction, educat...
Dana Atkinson MBA /M.S. – Building Construction is a Research Associate II with the Georgia Tech Research Institute and an Instructor in GTRI-OTIEC OSHA course training catalogue. I teach the OSHA 511 - Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, OSHA Cranes for Construction, O...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.