Who should attend
- managers and supervisors across all industries
- generalist health and safety professionals who would like a refresher in occupational hygiene.
About the course
Did you know health issues are more common than injuries in the workplace?
With an increasing concern about health, this course introduces principles that can be applied to a range of health hazards to prevent illness and improve productivity.
What is covered in the course?
Module 1: Introduction and Basic Concepts
- An introduction to occupational hygiene, in general terms.
- An explanation of why occupational hygiene is relevant in all workplaces, and at all levels of the organisation.
Module 2: Health Hazard Risk Assessment
- Risk assessment frameworks.
- Risk assessment strategies for a range of occupational health hazards.
Module 3: Health Hazard Control
- Design, engineering and administrative controls.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
Module 4: Case Study
- The application of occupational hygiene principles to COVID-19 and infection control.
- Ventilation (what it does, what it doesn’t do, what it could do).
- Personal Protective Equipment (good, bad and the ugly).
- Information for facilities and procurement managers.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- confidence in addressing occupational health hazards
- an understanding of basic frameworks that can be used to analyse occupational health risks and develop targeted hazard controls
- an understanding of manager and supervisor legal duties and the prioritisation of health hazard controls.
How will my organisation benefit?
This short course addresses a recognised gap in basic occupational health training for managers and supervisors.
This training will benefit you and your organisation, by helping to prevent occupational illnesses, improve wellbeing and productivity.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.