Who should attend
This course is targeted at individuals who are interested to learn programming and aspire to be a programmer.
Preferably have some understanding of how IT solutions can be used in the real world
About the course
This unit lays the foundation for programming and developing of system of records. This course will cover programming concepts using the C# Language as the vehicle. You will learn about Object Oriented Programming and acquire the technical knowledge necessary for developing a User Interface for Business Systems using Visual Studio.Net. The curriculum also covers the implementation of client/server development on .NET data objects with Visual Studio as the client side programming tool, ADO.NET as the enabling middleware, and RDBMS as the database server. It will also include the development web application using ASP.NET
- Write programmes using C# with Visual Studio
- Create WinForms using Microsoft Windows user interface controls
- Write SQL programmes to access databases
- Build n-tier enterprise solutions to link up client and server side components as well as databases
Participants will be awarded with NICF-NUS-ISS Certificate in Digital Solutions Development - Foundations at the end of the course.
What Will Be Covered
- Fundamentals of Programming using C#
- Object Oriented Programming using C#
- SQL Programming
- Enterprise Systems with .NET Framework using C#
Lectures and workshop
Certificate of Completion
The ISS Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants who have attended at least 75% of the course.
- Broad Schedule of Assessment: During and end of course
- Passing Criteria: Generally achieve above 50% marks for workshop, course assignments and written examination.
- Assessment Method: Workshop, course assignments and written examination
Upon passing the assessment, Statement of Attainment (SOAs) will be issued to certify that the participant has passed the following Competency Units:
- IT-DM-301S-1 Use SQL to create database structures and manipulate data
- IT-TE-301S-1 Perform integration test
- IT--DD-302S-1 Build a graphical user interface (GUI)
- IT--DD-401S-1 Integrate relational database into software systems
- IT--DD-305S-1 Develop programme
Participants may need to attend additional coaching sessions and re-assessments if they do not pass the required competency units.
ISS reserves the right not to disclose any information on the course assessment process.
Participants are required to pass the assessment in one sitting and achieve an overall of 65% for workshop and examination if they wish to take the NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis - Capstone & Internship, to be awarded the NUS Graduate Diploma in Systems Analysis.
Yuen Kwan teaches courses in the areas of object-oriented technology and application development methodology. Prior to joining ISS, he was involved in application development projects in the government and transportation industries. He also led various large scale developments in business critica...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.