About the course
Our Nurse Leadership Program, developed in partnership with Dignity Health Global Education, equips nurse leaders to make a positive impact on their organizations by empowering them to evaluate and lead themselves, others and their organizations amidst a complex and evolving healthcare environment.
The course, developed with nurse leaders for nurse leaders, encourages nurses to build their confidence, knowledge and practical skills to guide their teams, departments and organizations successfully into the future.
What You'll Learn
The course focuses on all aspects of leadership, including:
- Leading Self – Before we can lead others, we must be self aware.
- Leading Others – Elevate the performance of others by engaging teams with clear goals and priorities, building trust and creating psychological safety for team members.
- Leading the Organization – Develop a deeper understanding of how healthcare organizations function, from strategic and financial management to organizational structure and regulatory compliance.
- Leading Change – In today’s fast-changing healthcare environment, it’s important to understand and lead through disruption in order to inspire change in individuals, teams and organizations.
This Course Includes:
- Dynamic, engaging video content
- Interactive lessons with hands-on exercises
- Collaborative discussions
- Job aids for continuous reference
- Networking opportunities
- 4-6 hours per week for 16 weeks
- Certificate in Nurse Leadership from Duke CE
- 64 Continuing Education Credits from AKH. Inc – 16 for each module
Exceptional Learning Experience
- Thought leadership pieces from senior staff including CNEOs, CFOs
- Online, flexible study from any device at any time
- Engaging learning environment: video-based content, real case studies, projects, discussions and job aids
- Modularized, bitesize learning chunks to allow you to manage your workload
- Various start dates: January, April, July, October
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.