Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
If you have already done regular types of leadership programmes but are now looking for something with more impact, then this might be perfect for you. You have already been a leader in business for several years, but there’s no minimum management level or specific industry experience needed to join this expedition. What counts is that you are aware of your potential growth as a leader. You will particularly benefit from this leadership expedition in Norway if you are:
- ready for a challenge that is physical – and sometimes emotional
- willing to step completely out of your normal life for seven days, with no access to internet or mobile phones
- willing to leave your comfort zone – but don’t worry, you don’t have to be an outdoor expert because safety is guaranteed by our outdoor coaches.
About the course
What are you really made of? Test yourself to your limits – away from the noise of everyday life. The outdoor context and intensive coaching by experts and your peers will help develop your awareness of your strengths and limitations as a leader. By navigating through unknown terrain in the wilderness of Norway for seven days, you learn how to take the lead, and how to do it more effectively. Improving communication, growing trust, coaching, developing co-ordination and reflection are all part of improving your overall leadership and creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
Stretch your leadership strengths in the wilderness
People develop into leaders through experiences. You will be challenged physically and emotionally so you can build a strong understanding of your strengths and weaknesses in a unique setting. The Nordic Leadership Expedition is designed by RSM Executive Education and is led by Dr Hannes Leroy, who is passionate about helping leaders to use their authentic selves as a source of leadership strength.
This seven-day programme will provide many learning opportunities for personal growth as you share complex situations with your group in the wilderness, leading to strong connections with your peers and coach, and grow to know yourself better. Insights gained from these close connections form an important part of the leadership course. You’ll learn when to step up, and when to let others lead; it’s about connecting, focus and delegation.
During the programme, you will:
- enter an exercise encountering very real challenges that test your leadership capacity, in which you discover your strengths and weaknesses as team leader
- learn and share inspiring leadership ideas
- enjoy lengthy conversations with coaches and 360° feedback from peers to make sense of these results and relate it to your career and life goals
- enhance your leadership styles and effectiveness: while using a compass to navigate the wilderness, we help you navigate leadership challenges with our RSM Leadership Compass, based on academic and practical insights about what constitutes effective leadership
- boost your mental and physical health with the personal health coaching you receive from our instructors in preparation for the expedition: your increased personal resilience will help guide you through the stressors of daily life.
Hannes Leroy is an assistant professor of human resource management at RSM. He is also affiliated as a research fellow to the ILR School of Cornell University. His areas of expertise include human resource management, leadership and leadership development, mindfulness in organisations and occupat...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.