Who should attend
This workshop will be suitable for professionals who work in the Nonprofit Sector and/or run Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
About the course
The Nonprofit Management for Executive Programme is designed to strengthen the leadership and management capacity of nonprofit professional individuals with extensive experience working in or with nonprofit organizations. Through the programme, participants will gain the necessary skills to respond to the complex challenges and opportunities facing their organizations. The programme provides an opportunity for nonprofit professionals to explore pressing issues including board management and involvement, change management, scaling and innovation, funding strategies, and stakeholder management.
Each participant takes part in a sequence of online and in-class sessions that explore the various aspects of nonprofit management and undertake voluntary mentorship sessions for early nonprofit career professionals. The program also gives participants the opportunity to create a network of local, national and international nonprofit leaders committed to working across organizations, communities, and sectors to address public needs.
This programme is supported by the Ford Foundation.
- Board management and effectiveness
- Corporate governance and leadership
- Fundraising strategy
- Human capital Strategy
- Responsible management and Ethics
- Performance Management
- Succession planning
- Partnerships, Collaboration, and Stakeholder Engagement
- Grant Management
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn about the current trends, challenges, and promising practices in nonprofit management
- Learn strategic practices for leading and managing change
- Develop leadership tools necessary to influence policy decisions, encourage collaboration, and build coalitions
- Leverage techniques for fundraising, grant management, and stakeholder engagement
- Explore strategies for building and sustaining partnerships
- Strengthen the capacity to lead in a diverse society
He has a PhD in Law and Economics of Banking Regulation, MSc in Economics and Post-graduate Diploma in Development Economics from University of Manchester, UK. In addition, he also has MSc in Comparative Political Economy from Cardiff University, UK and BSc in Sociology from the University of Lag...
Professor Ogbechie has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering from Manchester University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a PhD in Business Administration from Brunel Business School in the UK. He has vast experience in marketing, strategy and corporate governance deri...
Ijeoma Nwagwu, Ph.D. (Harvard Law), LL.M. (Harvard Law), B.L.(NLS, Abuja) earned her doctorate in Law (S.J.D) and Masters in Law (L.L.M) degrees from Harvard Law School and was awarded the Landon H. Gammon prize for academic excellence. After attending the Nigerian Law School, Ijeoma worked as l...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.