Who should attend
- Young professionals at non-profit organizations
- Individuals serving on non-profit boards or associate boards
- Applicable to any audience, field, or industry
About the course
In an era with a rapidly growing amount of non-profit organizations, it is important for individuals both inside and outside the field to have a greater level of understanding on the non-profit sector of business. Our 'Non-Profit Governance and Leadership' workshop examines how non-profit organizations develop their mission, theory of change, program model, strategic plan, fundraising plans, as well as their methods for progress measurement and continuous performance improvement. This course familiarizes participants with the knowledge and skills of non-profit leadership. Split up into two sections, the ‘knowledge’ section will introduce core concepts and trends in the evolving non-profit field, while the ‘skills’ section aims to introduce specific skill sets important to non-profit management and leadership. By the end of this program, participants will be able to demonstrate a higher quality of strategic plan and fundraising pitch.
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolving non-profit sector
- Demonstrate an analytic ability to assess non-profit strategy and recommend improvements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the management skills needed at high-performing non-profits
- Demonstrate familiarity with recent trends in the non-profit sector, such as the rise of social return on investment strategies and the rise of the non-profit social enterprise
- Learn specific business and fundraising strategies to drive their organization’s success forward
- Nonprofit Mission and Strategy
- Your Theory of Change
- Leadership and Board Governance
- Fundraising 101
- Measuring Your Impact
About Seth Green is the founding director of the Baumhart Center for Social Enterprise and Responsibility and an executive lecturer in the Quinlan School of Business. Green joined Quinlan after leading three social ventures at the forefront of fighting poverty and expanding opportunity. Most rec...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.