NICF- Securing iot (SF)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
As Singapore progresses into a Smart Nation, Internet of Things (IoT) devices will be ubiquitous. Imagine a world where millions of devices are connected - we eventually will be seeing, hearing and sensing information via the Internet and improve productivity and the quality of human life. With this, comes challenges with IoT security as the next frontier in Cybersecurity.
Smart City and Industry 4.0 Solutions are highly dependent on Internet of Thing (IoT) devices as the key source of data. To have good data integrity and quality at the IoT devices (at the source), the security of the IoT devices is a key consideration in its deployment.
This is a 2-day course where participants are expected to come with an appreciation for IoT and build the security aspect upon it. Through the use of a case study, we will apply risk analysis methodology to assess the risk and design security controls to protect the IoT solutions while ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency.
This course is part of the CyberSecurity series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand security aspects of IoT issues and solutions
- Articulate security requirements in IoT solutions
- Assess risks in IoT solutions
- Apply security controls to mitigate IoT security risks
(ISC)² members could earn up to 13 Continuing Professional Education (CPEs Group A) credits after completion of this course. CPEs will be submitted automatically to the (ISC)² members' accounts (Member ID required) within 4-6 weeks.
This course will cover :
- Internet of Things (IoT) security concepts
- Risk assessment and threat modelling of Internet of Things
- Security controls design of Internet of Things
- Cloud security of Internet of Things
- Operation security of Internet of Things
Who should attend
This course is targeted at cybersecurity and ICT professionals (with cybersecurity knowledge) whose responsibilities involve securing and managing IoT and its related environment.
This can include:-
- Security managers, architects, consultants, engineers, administrators in managing IoT
- Enterprise architects with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design of an IoT environment
- Software manager, architects, engineers with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design, development, test and implementation of IoT devices