Who should attend
This course is targeted at cybersecurity and ICT professionals (with cybersecurity knowledge) whose responsibilities involve securing and managing IoT and its related environment.
This can include:-
- Security managers, architects, consultants, engineers, administrators in managing IoT
- Enterprise architects with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design of an IoT environment
- Software manager, architects, engineers with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design, development, test and implementation of IoT devices
About the course
As Singapore progresses into a Smart Nation, Internet of Things (IoT) devices will be ubiquitous. Imagine a world where millions of devices are connected - we eventually will be seeing, hearing and sensing information via the Internet and improve productivity and the quality of human life. With this, comes challenges with IoT security as the next frontier in Cybersecurity.
Smart City and Industry 4.0 Solutions are highly dependent on Internet of Thing (IoT) devices as the key source of data. To have good data integrity and quality at the IoT devices (at the source), the security of the IoT devices is a key consideration in its deployment.
This is a 2-day course where participants are expected to come with an appreciation for IoT and build the security aspect upon it. Through the use of a case study, we will apply risk analysis methodology to assess the risk and design security controls to protect the IoT solutions while ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand security aspects of IoT issues and solutions
- Articulate security requirements in IoT solutions
- Assess risks in IoT solutions
- Apply security controls to mitigate IoT security risks
(ISC)² members could earn up to 13 Continuing Professional Education (CPEs Group A) credits after completion of this course. CPEs will be submitted automatically to the (ISC)² members' accounts (Member ID required) within 4-6 weeks.
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover :
- IoT and the Smart Nation
- IoT security and risk management
- Design security controls in each component
- Securing IoT cloud
- Securing IoT messaging protocol
- Securing IoT physical device
- Securing IoT short range network
- Securing IoT long range network
- Security operation of IoT
Ananth Subba is the Co-Founder and CTO of Singaporean IoT startup SpaceAge Labs. He is a wireless communications expert and has 10+ years experience building hardware and software platforms for enterprise customers. His latest brainchild is a full stack IoT platform (hardware + software) called ‘...
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Pishu Mahtani has more than 15 years of information security and assurance experience gained from working in diverse set of industries; from Banking and Financial Services, Government and Defence, and Technology Consulting. He currently has a concentrated focus in the area of software and embed...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.