NICF- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (p3o®)- Foundation & Practitioner
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
According to The Standish Group International, one in five projects meets with failure, while two in five will be delivered not meeting the promised benefits. Though no organisation would start a project planning to fail but the inability to overcome challenges will result in one. These challenges include delays, unexpected issues, budget overruns resulting in end products that fall short of their required features and functions. When you combine these with the increasing complexity of projects; it is apparent that organisations are indeed facing a mammoth task.
The Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) model addresses these challenges by providing governance, transparency, delivery support, reusability and traceability in the integrated deployment and implementation of these offices. Organisations that adopt this model shows great improvements in the success rate of their business strategies execution and in achieving programme/project objectives in a cost effective manner.
NUS-ISS is partnering with UXC Consulting to deliver the P3O® Foundation & Practitioner Certificate course. Through this course, you will learn about the world’s best practices and obtain globally recognised accreditation in portfolio management, programme and project support and assurance.
This course will provide you with an extended theoretical and practical knowledge of P3O® and prepare you for the P3O® Foundation examination and the P3O® Practitioner examination respectively.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand portfolio management, including investment and benefit assessment, prioritisation, monitoring, reporting and control of your project and programme portfolio
- Have a big picture understanding of the business change portfolio
- Provide decision making support to ensure that right programmes and projects are launched
- Offer standards and processes to ensure consistency of delivery
- Execute change more effectively and efficiently and improve organisational programme and project delivery
- Provide independent oversight, scrutiny and challenge to ensure things are done well
- Improve organisational accountability, decision-making, transparency and visibility
- Provide assurance, coaching and mentoring to build a competent workforce capable of first class programme and project delivery
- Deliver a ‘single source of truth’ reporting function with management dashboards to focus on decisions and management interventions
- Reduce the likelihood and impact of events that would have a negative consequence and conversely increase the likelihood and impact of events that would have a positive consequence
- Identify, understand and manage multiple and cross-cutting risks and issues
- Protect revenue and spend, and enhance value for money, as well as reputation and stakeholder confidence
- Be a Centre of Excellence for your project and programme resources
What Will Be Covered
- P3O® overview & principles
- Why have a P3O®
- Modelling and tailoring
- Implementing or re-energising a P3O®
- P3O® tools and techniques
- P3O® roles
The focus and detail covered differs in each of the courses according to the course competencies.
Lectures, group workshops, exercises and individual assessments
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to act as an informed member of a Portfolio, Programme or Project Office or works as a part of teams responsible for business change activities. These include:
- Corporate Portfolio and Senior Management
- SROs, Programme Directors and Programme Managers
- Project Board Members, Project Directors and Project Managers
- Portfolio, Programme or Project Office, Programme and Project Team Members
- P3RM and other stakeholders
- Anyone who would like to acquire foundational knowledge of P3O® models
- Anyone who is accountable or responsible for applying the P3O® guidance to implement or re-energise a Portfolio, Programme or Project Office within an environment supporting the concept of the P3O®