Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Agile approach is gaining increasing importance in project management and globally recognised companies such as IBM, Cisco and Yahoo are actively using Agile Project Management frameworks. The collaborative, adaptive and flexible nature of Agile methodologies boosts customer satisfaction, improves customer trust and retention, and leads to repeat business.
In this 3-day course, participants will explore and apply the Agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organisation. You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Scrum, the most commonly used Agile framework and understand the basics of other major Agile frameworks such as XP, Lean and KANBAN. In addition, you will learn how to apply popular Agile techniques in iteration and release planning, progress tracking, agile modeling, and agile team management through hands-on workshops.
All participants will be given a free copy of the second edition of the “PMI-ACP® Exam Prep” book by Mike Griffiths.
About PMI-ACP® Certification
For those who are sitting for the PMI-ACP® examination, this course will prepare you for it. For more information on the examination, click here. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) is the latest certification offered by PMI® and is expected to be the industry standard certification for Agile in the next few years.
The PMI-ACP® certification is designed to:
- Demonstrate to employers the practitioner’s level of professionalism in agile practices of project management
- Increase the practitioner’s professional versatility in both project management tools and techniques The certification carries a higher level of professional credibility as it requires a combination of agile training, experience working on agile projects and examination on agile principles, practices, tools and techniques.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the Agile principles and mindset within a project and the organisation
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Scrum, the most commonly used Agile framework
- Understand the basics of other major Agile frameworks such as XP, Lean and KANBAN
- Apply popular Agile techniques in iteration and release planning, progress tracking, agile modeling, and agile team management
- Understand project management in the Agile context
- Be familiar with the requirements and process for the PMI-ACP® certification
What Will Be Covered
- Introduction to PMI-ACP®
- Agile principles and mindset
- Value-driven delivery
- Stakeholder engagement
- Team performance
- Adaptive planning
- Problem detection and resolution
- Continuous improvement
- Mock examination
Lectures, retention drills, quizzes, workshop and mock examination
Who should attend
- Project Managers, and anyone from product developer to senior management, who are using or have already used agile practices, or whose organisation is adopting agile methods; or
- Project Managers, and anyone who want to obtain the PMI-ACP® certification.
Pre-requisites for Certification Exam
The following table lists the pre-requisites for the PMI-ACP® certification exam:
Educational Background + General Project Experience + Agile Project experience + Training in Agile Practices Secondary Degree (High School Diploma, Associate's Degree or global equivalent) 2000 hours (approx. 12 months) of General Project Experience
Experience must be earned within the last 5 years 1500 hours (approx. 8 months) of Agile Project Experience
Experience must be earned within the last 3 years
These hours are in addition to the 2000 hours required in general project experience 21 contact hours of training in Agile Practices
Trust the experts
Lee Boon Kee
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Tan Liong Choon
Liong Choon is currently a Senior Lecturer cum consultant in ISS. He started his career in ISS as Deputy Director of the National Infocomm Competency Academy in 2007, to help spearhead the development and implementation of competency-based training in various Institute of Higher Learning in colla...