NICF- Mobile User Experience Design
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
The proliferation of mobile devices and the ‘Internet of Things’ has increased organisations’ awareness on the design of services delivered on the mobile platform. Mobile app is now a critical feature of service delivery and typically the first touch-point in the user journey with the service. Reflecting this trend, organisations are investing in the Mobile User Experience Design as a means to ensure effective delivery and increase competitiveness of their services.
This 3-day course is designed to provide advanced training in key concepts, tools and techniques for designing good user experience in mobile app. From analysing mobile user behaviour, understanding mobile design principles and patterns, to mobile app prototyping and usability testing, this course also leverages on the general user experience design principles and process covered in our NICF - Digital User Experience Design course. Participants can expect substantial learning opportunities via hands-on workshops throughout the duration of the course.
This course is part of the Digital Innovation & Design Series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand user behaviour on mobile platform
- Understand the challenges and opportunities presented by the mobile platforms
- Understand the mobile user experience design lifecycle
- Apply mobile experience design principles and patterns
- Utilise prototyping and usability testing techniques for mobile apps
- Understand the issues that impact the on-boarding, delivery and adoption of mobile apps and services
- Understand how future mobile-digital trends impact the design challenge
What Will Be Covered
- Lifecycle of UX and app development process
- Mobile user behaviour
- Constraints and challenges of mobile platforms
- Mobile design principles, patterns and trends
- Mobile prototyping and usability testing
Lectures followed by hands-on workshops
Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals engaging in the design, development, or management of mobile services. Examples might include mobile application designers and developers, in house mobile project teams and mobile project manager or other IT managers who want to get an overview of mobile user experience design processes and techniques.
Knowledge or familiarity with the user experience design lifecycle, user research techniques, general interface and interaction design principles (e.g. affordance, metaphor, navigation, alignment, etc.), usability testing techniques will be useful. Our NICF - Digital User Experience Design course covers the above knowledge and skills you need in this course.