NICF- Enterprise Architecture Practicum
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
An enterprise architect links the business mission, strategy and processes of an organisation to its IT and presents how the current and future needs of an organisation will be met in an efficient and agile manner. ISS is pleased to offer the Enterprise Architecture (EA) Practicum that enables participants to apply the EA knowledge and best practices in a company project. This Practicum can be self or company-sponsored, as long as there is a company project.
The Enterprise Architecture Practicum must be completed within 20 weeks. It includes a 5.5 days of mentoring contact with the ISS lecturers. The Practicum dates are open and flexible, upon mutual agreement between the lecturer(s) and participant. The sessions can be held on-site at ISS or off-site at the participant’s company. Participants are required to have successfully completed the NICF- Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Course (conducted over 3 weeks) and obtain all the 8 NICF EA Statements of Attainment (SOAs) before embarking on the practicum (20 weeks).
The customised practicum allows participants to adopt, learn and master EA in the context of their organisation. The qualification will be awarded to EA practitioners to recognise their ability to apply EA skills, knowledge and experience in the context of their organisation’s EA.
At the end of the practicum, participants will be able to:
- Adopt, learn and master enterprise architecture in the context of their organisations
What Will Be Covered
The practicum will assess the participant’s application of the knowledge and skills imparted at the NICF- Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Course in the context of the participant’s organisation EA.
- The practicum comprises of 3 mandatory areas (a) Strategic Intent & Business Priorities; (b) Architecture Scoping, Visioning & Initiation; and (c) Architecture Governance & Management AND any one of the four architecture areas – Business Architecture, Data Architecture, Application Architecture or Technology Architecture
- 11 sessions of 5.5 days (mentoring sessions by ISS lecturers with participants)
The practicum comprises of three mandatory areas:
- Strategic Intent and Business Priorities
- Architecture Scoping, Visioning and Initiation
- Architecture Governance and Management
AND any one of the four architecture areas:
- Business Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Technology Architecture
Mentoring sessions with our subject matter experts help address adoption challenges and stimulate innovative ideas
Who should attend
The qualification is targeted at EA practitioners to recognise their ability to apply EA skills, knowledge and experience in the context of their organisation’s EA.
- University graduate with at least four years of working experience as an IT developer, IT designer, IT architect or IT project manager
- Non-university graduate with at least six years of working experience as an IT developer, IT designer, IT architect or IT project manager
- Maturity and potential to take on technology leadership roles in their respective organisations and professions
- Have already attained the 8 NICF EA Competency Units
- Have ready an organisation EA project of five months duration for his or her organisation