Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is targeted at both business and IT managers, Scrum Masters, Agile practitioners, project managers, business analysts, team leaders and technical leaders who have interest in transforming their Agile teams into high performance teams
Participants should preferably have at least two years working experience and have prior training and/or experience in agile
About the course
Agility is a key phenomenon that is taking place all round the world. Organisations are embracing agility as part of their key strategy in order to find new ways to create organizational values. Based on KPMG Global Agile Survey 2019 (with 120 participants from 17 countries), 81% of the organisations have initialised their Agile transformation in the last 3 years, with 63% stating that becoming an Agile organisation is their strategic priority.
As organisations are increasing adopting agility organisation wide, it is no longer a matter of replicating the agile practices at micro level across more teams. Rather, it requires the rewiring of the core organisation-wide processes. Organisation need solid agile coaches to help establish this deep, institutional capability required to become a truly agile organisation. This coaching responsibility cannot lay in the hands of the Scrum Masters or dedicated coaches alone.
In the Harvard Business Review article on “Leader as Coach”, it states that due to the new norm of rapid, constant and disruptive changes, managers have to move away from command-and-control practices towards being a coach instead to their teams. This is so that their teams can better adapt to constantly changing environments in ways that unleash fresh energy, innovation and commitment.
Hence, coaching skills are becoming a necessity for all managers and not just Scrum Masters or dedicated coaches.
An Agile Coach will
- Help teams appreciate the depths of agile practices and principles, beyond the “doing” and moving into the “being”
- Become a coach to other managers and other outsiders in the course of addressing organisational impediments in adopting Agile
- Help other management at all levels of the organisation to understand the benefits of working agile and embracing an agile mindset and eventually becoming agile coaches themselves for their teams
- Bring ideas from professional facilitation, coaching, conflict management, mediation to make the agile teams into high performance teams
This course provides competency to managers and agile practitioners in the above areas so as to help their organisations to achieve agility – especially in digital transformation journeys.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to improve effectiveness of Agile processes and teams
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to help traditional teams transit to using Agile methodologies
- Analyse agile adoption results and recommend changes to Agile processes to sustain or improve Agile practices
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills to improve product reviews
- Address issues, impediments and resistance from team members in the process of Agile implementation and adoption
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- The different hats of Agile Coaching
- Powerful questioning, active listening and giving feedback
- Team level coaching
- Coaching and mentoring using GROW model
- Coaching for work product review
- Facilitation using Agile facilitation mindset for Agile teams
- Mediation when working with Agile teams
- Coaching beyond the agile teams
Aaron has more than 18 years of IT technical, scrum and agile experience. Prior to joining ISS, he was the Agile Coach with Singapore Pools. He coached projects using agile methodologies and help to cultivate agile cultural in the company. Before joining Singapore Pools, he was the Scrum Master w...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.