NUS Institute of Systems Science
NICF- Certified Less Practitioner - Principles to Practices
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
The Certified LeSS Practioner course is an in-depth course covering the LeSS principles, framework and rules and guides. It provides essential information for adopting and improving LeSS to your product development group. The course contains an overview of LeSS including examples on LeSS adoptions, exercises and extensive LeSS Q&A sessions to focus on topics that are in the interest and relevance to participants.
All participants will be awarded ‘Certified LeSS Practitioner’ after attending this course.
This course is part of the Agile Series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts, fundamentals and best practices of using LeSS to implement scrum in bigger teams to build software
- Learn essential techniques in managing number(2-50) of scrum teams
- Understand the first steps to adoption and have clear actions for them
- Understand the impact LeSS will have on your organisation when adopting
- Understand how and why LeSS is different from traditional management styles
What Will Be Covered
- Why LeSS?
- Scrum, LeSS and LeSS Huge Overview
- LeSS Rules and Principles
- Organising around Customer Value and Feature Teams
- What is your product?
- Definition of Done and its impacts.
- Product Owner and Product Backlog
- Role of Management
- Organisational impacts and typical LeSS organisational structure
- LeSS Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
- Consideration on technical practices when scaling
- Integration & Coordination
- Adopting LeSS in your organisation
- Scrum Master role within LeSS
Lectures, workshops and Q&A sessions
Who should attend
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Project/Programme Managers
- Team Leaders
Participants should have attended Certified Scrum Product Owner or NICF - Certified ScrumMaster, or have read the Scrum Primer.
Trust the experts
Mr Bas Vodde is a coach, programmer, trainer, and author related to modern agile and lean product development. He is the creator of the LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) framework for scaling agile development. He coaches organisations on three levels: organisational, team, individual/technical practices....
Goh Boon Nam
Boon Nam has over 25 years of management experience in IT, holding management portfolios in IT planning, architecture, governance, quality and process improvement, application development, operations, human resource development, financial management and outsourcing. He has also developed and impl...