NICF- AISP Qualified Information Security Professional Course
The threat of cyber attacks is a global priority and concern. Cybersecurity breaches are occurring with higher frequency and intensity, causing crippling devastation for businesses and organisations alike. The need for qualified information security professionals is therefore made even more crucial to minimise and eradicate this ominous issue.
The Association of Information Security Professionals (AISP) and the Institute of Systems Science (ISS) have launched the AISP Qualified Information Security Professional (QISP) course to provide broad-based information security knowledge to infocomm professionals in the various roles. It also equips infocomm security specialists with the essential skills to develop and further enhance their capabilities. AISP, ISS and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) have co-badged the QISP Certification with Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) System.
This course will be conducted via e-learning, classroom lectures and workshops.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Undertake information security risk assessments of networks and systems and recommend risk treatment options
- Craft appropriate information security policies to address information security risks
- Manage operations security risks
- Provide advice, from the information security perspective, on compliance with Singapore laws and regulations
What Will Be Covered
This course will equip participating professionals with broad information security knowledge, including an understanding of Singapore security-related laws and regulations. The domains of the AISP Body of Knowledge will also be covered. These are:
- Information security concepts and principles
- Information security governance
- Information security risk management
- Information security management
- Security engineering
- Operations security
- Physical & environmental security
- Business continuity management
- Security incident management
- Digital forensics
- Information systems audit
Classroom sessions (5 days) and self-paced e-Learning content (29 hours) and a 3-hour exam
Who should attend
- Entry to mid-level information security professionals
- Any infocomm professional wishing to acquire information security related competencies
One year of relevant IT experience in system and network administration or software development.