Who should attend
- High potentials who are next in-line to CHRO of large organizations
- HR professionals with 12-20 years of experience
- Incumbent CHRO of emerging organization
- Leaders from other functions with an inclination to the CHRO role
About the course
The ‘Next Generation CHROs’ programme aims to build leaders who drive business outcomes through HR. Designed by the best-in-class academicians and leading business advisors, the programme (now in its second iteration) aspires to expand the talent pool of CHROs in India.
Anchored to empower Next Generation CHROs, the program focuses on honing leadership skills in a personal, functional and organizational context. As technology accelerates environmental changes, participants start by preparing for future readiness. Next is the focus on developing holistic business understanding and translating it into well-crafted human capital strategies. The last immersion encourages HR leads to drive strategic change and organization effectiveness.
Module 1: Personal Leadership
The environment that businesses operate under are undergoing rapid changes driven by technology, shifting geopolitical power equations and globalization of consumer markets and market for talents. Against this backdrop, how do CHROs make sense of this world and formulate strategies to take the organization forward from the point of HR strategy?
- Gauge impact of macro-trends and disruptions on business and HR
- Analyse interconnected business problems to propose people solutions
- Align HR service delivery model to further business priorities
- Understand structural, job content and cultural anchors to drive agility
- Explore digital transformation and ensure organizational readiness
- Understand behavioural and functional capabilities of successful CHROs
Module 2: Functional Leadership
The changing business dynamics calls for a fresh new approach to the conduct of the HR function not as an independent function but interconnected with the business strategy. Designed to embed HR leaders in functional understand of Finance, Marketing and Analytics, Module 2 enables future HR leaders to drive sharp human capital strategies for business impact.
- Build understanding of financial decision making, and its linkage to HR areas
- Deploy data-driven mindset to deploy analytics for business results
- Lead change to achieve a desired outcome, reduce risk and accelerate impact
- Identify HR risks and liabilities, realize synergies, and develop strategy for integration
- Relook at HR programs with the lens of Experience, Transparency and Higher Purpose
- Steer the transformational journey of the HR function with a well-calibrated HR strategy
Module 3: Organisational Leadership
Navigating organizational change, owning succession planning and anchoring the people side of strategy are probably the key aspects of an HR leaders’ mandate. Next Generation CHROs will display organization leadership through governance, executive compensation and employee relationships. And most importantly, they will emerge as authentic, influential organizational leaders.
- Prepare for automation of jobs by exploring new-age industrial and employee relationships
- Drive leadership development and success planning for organization effectiveness
- Build a sharp understanding of corporate governance, ethics and values
- Deploy an effective rewards strategy, leverage executive compensation to drive alignment
- Anchor your leadership journey to your personal vision and aspirations
Her research interests are in the field of Multi-generations in the Workplace, Women in Management and Boards, Ethics Teaching in Business Schools, HRM in Rapid Growth Organizations and Ethics, and CSR in Micro, Small and Mid-sized enterprises. Journal Publications: Makhecha, U. P., Srinivasan, ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.