Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- New Product/Service Design and Development Managers.
- Product, Segment, Service, and Brand Managers.
- Managers and User-experience designers.
- Marketing Directors and Marketing Managers.
- Product/Service/Business Process Design Managers.
- Marketing Research Analysts and Directors.
- Marketing and Strategy Consultants.
- Others who would like an overview and understanding of the processes, techniques, and analytics used in the design, reformulation, and development of products and services.
About the course
Learn to develop an effective product design process that captures the voice of the customer and improves brand strength in this one-time only program offered through the Asper Executive Education Seminar Series. How does a company become a leader in product innovation? What tools, processes and strategies do they employ to stay on top of the competition? Leaders face critical decisions about the nature and direction of product development, and this program will answer these and many other important questions that will prepare you to build and manage a product design process that delivers long-term success.
Why This Program?
In this unique seminar, you will be introduced to innovation tools, techniques and strategies to create a powerful product design process. You will discover how you can capture the voice of the customer, identify their needs and turn that into a competitive advantage. This seminar will also provide you with the knowledge on how to create and manage high-performing and engaged product development team. In addition, through this seminar you will learn to:
- Evaluate the strategic role of innovation, research and development and their impact on competitive positioning and new product creation
- Manage the design and implementation of a well-structured process for new product development
- Examine the basic principles, concepts and tools in the field of product design and development
- Apply the process of concept generation and selection to reduce the risk of product failure
- Confidently discuss all aspects of the development phase
- Design in a way that inspires an emotional connection and embed that in the product concept
- Discuss the characteristics and application of service, industrial and engineering-design prototypes
- Identify critical groups in the organization that support new product development initiatives
Carlos M. Rodríguez, PhD, is the and Associate Professor of Business Administration, and the Director of the Center for the Study of Innovation Management CSIM at Delaware State University. The center is designed to help address innovation capabilities demands from the manufacture and service ind...