New Managers Leadership Program
This programme is aimed at equipping new managers with adequate skills on the various areas of management to aid them in being effective managers.
Some of the areas to be covered during the programme include:
- effective presentation and communication skills
- team dynamics
- planning and budgeting
- the effective feedback process
- problem solving and conflict resolution
- decision making skills
- different management styles
- management in general.
Key Focus Areas
- Building core managerial and functional skills
- Understanding how business functions interrelate
- Developing an integrated approach to business and management
- Effective implementation of business strategies
- Making effective decisions at first level management
- Gaining a broad perspective of results-oriented management
- Developing an individual leadership philosophy
New managers are faced with numerous challenges as they transition from being an individual contributor in an organization to a manager who leads a team to achieve results. They must learn how to lead others rather than do the work themselves, to motivate, manage their peers, earn trust and respect, and to strike the right balance between delegation and control. It is a transition many find challenging to make. The New Manager Leadership Program (NMLP) is Strathmore Business School’s entry level leadership program. The program aims to equip new managers with skills on the various areas of management to aid them transition from in being a successful individual contributor to an effective manager.
Impact: You and Organization
The Impact on the Organisation
- Accelerate readiness for future management and leadership positions
- Ensure greater retention of high-potential new managers
- Drive results throughout the organisation
The Impact on You
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of core business functions and build foundational skills.
- Refine your ability to set priorities, delegate tasks, manage time and resources, and help drive team productivity for high personal and team effectiveness.
The program will be delivered over a period of 5 days by well-versed faculty and industry experts, using case studies, syndicate group discussions, role plays and video sessions.
Who should attend
This program is ideal for newly appointed managers, individuals who are being groomed for their first management position, as well as those who are experiencing new pressures within a current management role. It is best suited for individuals with less than two years managerial experience. Participants from past programmes have been drawn from a wide range of technical backgrounds and companies, as well as from different age groups.