New Managers Course
Link theory to practice with a hands-on, action-based learning curriculum that guides you through the five fundamental areas of business management.
Learn leadership and interpersonal dynamics, the marketing management process, strategic and business planning, the financial management process and performance evaluation.
You’ll master the techniques of analyzing and using financial statements, budgeting, cost control and performance evaluations, and become proficient at planning and implementing business strategy.
Through understanding and improving your personal leadership style, you’ll learn to open the lines of communication, foster teamwork and accredit your staff. From segmentation to positioning to new product development, you’ll gain insight on distinguishing between and exceling at the many marketing management processes while aligning your department with the wider strategic initiatives of your organization.
What You Will Learn
- Understand and improve your leadership style
- Learn the latest techniques for performance evaluation
- Understanding the marketing management process, from segmentation to positioning to new product development
- Learn how to write and deploy business plans
- Discover cost control and budgeting techniques for your department
- Learn how to foster teamwork and empower your staff
- Understand the rules of employee competency
- Learn the best ways to handle crisis situations
- Learn how to analyze and use financial statements
- Open the lines of communication with both your staff and senior management
- Learn to plan and implement business strategy
Course content details
Management 1: The New Managers Course
Leadership and Interpersonal Dynamics
The most effective managers ‘lead’ and ‘manage.’ This session is designed to help you analyze your current strengths and opportunities for development as a leader and provide you with information about how to strengthen your managerial capacity to support your people and achieve organizational goals.
- Leadership In a Changing Environment
- Leader Styles & Competencies
- Receive a Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) 360º Assessment
- Understanding Power and Influence
- Motivation & Recognition to Improve
- Workplace Performance
The Marketing Management Process
In today’s ever-changing economy, marketing skills are needed by key people in almost every department. This session will help you learn how to use marketing, positioning and branding to promote your company and its offerings.
- Why Marketing is Important for All Managers
- Marketing Strategy and Targeting
- Branding – Everyone is a “Brand Manager”
- Marketing Plan Development
- Social Media Marketing
Strategic and Business Planning
Using a proven and highly effective approach, attendees will learn the fundamentals of all strategy planning so that they will know what facts they need, where to start, how to identify objectives, and how to achieve buy-in for the plan.
- The Facts Required for Strategy Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Business Planning
The Financial Management Process
Whether we like it or not, a manager must maintain financial responsibility for the profitability and cost control of the business unit(s) they manage. This session is designed to strengthen your grasp of the key financial planning and reporting processes.
- A Review of the Key Financial Statements that Managers Must Know
- Financial Statement Analysis: How to Do It Fast and Efficiently
- Budgeting Procedures for Management Success
- Cost Control Techniques to Increase Organizational Effectiveness
Performance Management – Staff and Self-Management Techniques
This module presents an applied review of performance management and also provides you with effective teambuilding communication techniques.
- The Context of Performance Management
- Performance Management Measurement
- The Performance Improvement Process
- Leading Groups Within the Organization
Who should attend
This course is designed for those new to management, and those moving into new areas of business. Functional specialists about to embark on a general management role will also benefit. You will hit the ground running with actionable tools and skills in order to lead others effectively.
It is also perfect for current managers with less than five years’ experience who have little or no formal management training. Leadership best practices will be taught, that will allow you to build your confidence and a complete management skill-set.