New Manager Boot Camp
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Many of us are promoted to manager but rarely are trained to be one. Mastering the art and science of effective management requires an additional set of skills, which when learned can often transform the daunting task of management into something profoundly satisfying.
Our New Manager Boot Camp is designed to prepare you for your new management role and is structured specifically for executives that are looking to develop their leadership skills.
Understand Your Challenges as a New Manager Recognize what your current and potential challenges are as a new manager, find effective solutions, and take full advantage of new opportunities.
Develop Your Leadership Style Harness and evolve your leadership and communication style to successfully lead through rapport and inspire and engage your team.
Become a More Effective Manager Discover the secrets to effectively time manage and delegate tasks to your team enabling you to prioritize and make quality decisions.
Create Dynamic Teams Understand how to structure and manage teams for best results, including how to effectively work with and manage geo-distributed teams.
Learn to Hire, Fire, and Manage Talent - Without Drama Learn to successfully identify, assess, attract, and retain talent as well as how to hire and fire quickly and professionally - without the threat of a lawsuit.
The New Manager Boot Camp program curriculum covers the following topics:
TOPIC 1 | Understanding Your Challenges as a New Manager
- Emerging trends in management
- The shared challenges new managers face in a world of constant change
TOPIC 2 | Influencing Critical Stakeholders
- Techniques for influencing stakeholders
- Tools to identify and segment your stakeholders
- Action plans to apply your learning back at work
TOPIC 3 | Knowing Your Leadership Style
- An introduction to different leadership styles and when each is most appropriate
- Identify your leadership style and ways to leverage your strengths
- Enhance your flexibility to utilize a variety of styles
TOPIC 4 | Managing Your Team and Influencing Direct Reports
- What effective and ineffective teams look like
- Barriers to effective teamwork & the role of constructive and destructive conflict
- Effective interventions to improve your team’s performance
TOPIC 5 | Creating Dynamic Teams
- Lead and engage distributed teams
- Diagnose team hot-spots and developing effective solutions
- Align your team around critical priorities and a shared reality
TOPIC 6 | Leading Through Rapport
- Simple tools to build rapport with others
- Techniques for common ground and active listening
- Create and leverage leadership presence
Who should attend
- Professionals considering a management role
- Managers that have recently moved into a supervisory position
- Executives looking to level up their leadership skills across multiple industries including high tech